Old 01-19-2009, 02:34 PM
"Norberto Bensa"

Default Strange dependency of kopete-3.5.9 on qt-4*

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 1:09 PM, Peter Humphrey <peter@humphrey.ukfsn.org> wrote:

Does anyone here know why we have this dependency of a kde-3 package on

qt-4?

It shouldn't.

kopete ssl wants qca-tls-1
qca-tls-1 want qca-1
qca-1 want qt:3

what does emerge -pt kopete gives?

Old 01-19-2009, 03:51 PM
Peter Humphrey

On Monday 19 January 2009 15:34:37 Norberto Bensa wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 1:09 PM, Peter Humphrey
<peter@humphrey.ukfsn.org>wrote:
> > Does anyone here know why we have this dependency of a kde-3 package on
> > qt-4?
>
> It shouldn't.
>
> kopete ssl wants qca-tls-1
> qca-tls-1 want qca-1
> qca-1 want qt:3
>
> what does emerge -pt kopete gives?

This is weird. Now it just wants to reinstall kopete, adding the ssl USE
flag.

Before I put "kde-base/kopete -crypt -ssl" into /etc/portage/package.use,
it wanted to install those qt4 packages; now it doesn't. In between, what I
did was to unmerge the qt4 packages, put that entry into packages.use and
reinstall kopete without them.

Something odd is going on again.

--
Rgds
Peter

Old 01-19-2009, 04:33 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Monday 19 January 2009 18:51:50 Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Monday 19 January 2009 15:34:37 Norberto Bensa wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 1:09 PM, Peter Humphrey
>
> <peter@humphrey.ukfsn.org>wrote:
> > > Does anyone here know why we have this dependency of a kde-3 package on
> > > qt-4?
> >
> > It shouldn't.
> >
> > kopete ssl wants qca-tls-1
> > qca-tls-1 want qca-1
> > qca-1 want qt:3
> >
> > what does emerge -pt kopete gives?
>
> This is weird. Now it just wants to reinstall kopete, adding the ssl USE
> flag.
>
> Before I put "kde-base/kopete -crypt -ssl" into
> /etc/portage/package.use, it wanted to install those qt4 packages; now it
> doesn't. In between, what I did was to unmerge the qt4 packages, put that
> entry into packages.use and reinstall kopete without them.
>
> Something odd is going on again.

I suspect kopete-4.x got pulled into your emerge and it slipped past your
radar. Does

grep -r "kopete" /etc/portage/*

reveal anything about kopete-4?

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 01-20-2009, 08:28 AM
Peter Humphrey

On Monday 19 January 2009 17:33:11 Alan McKinnon wrote:
> On Monday 19 January 2009 18:51:50 Peter Humphrey wrote:
>
> > Something odd is going on again.
>
> I suspect kopete-4.x got pulled into your emerge and it slipped past your
> radar.

Quite possible.

> Does grep -r "kopete" /etc/portage/*
>
> reveal anything about kopete-4?

No; kopete isn't mentioned at all in /etc/portage/* or /etc/make.conf.

--
Rgds
Peter

Old 01-20-2009, 10:44 AM