Old 01-19-2009, 02:09 PM
Peter Humphrey

Default Strange dependency of kopete-3.5.9 on qt-4*

After reading a post here today I decided to investigate why I have several
qt-4.4.2 packages on this workstation, when I don't have kde-4. It turns
out that the SSL USE flag causes kopete-3.5.9 to pull in 14 qt-4.4.2
packages. This strikes me as somewhat odd.

For the moment I've specified kopete -ssl in portage.use and removed all the
qt-4 packages.

Does anyone here know why we have this dependency of a kde-3 package on
qt-4?

--
Rgds
Peter