Old 11-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Denis

Default fix for e2fsprogs BLOCK?

This probably was already discussed at length... But I keep waiting
for an automatic portage tree fix to this... Any idea if there will
be a fix, or will I need to take care of this manually? (Intel Core
Duo 32-bit system, FYI).

Old 11-05-2008, 05:13 PM
"James Homuth"

This probably was already discussed at length... But I keep waiting for an
automatic portage tree fix to this... Any idea if there will be a fix, or
will I need to take care of this manually? (Intel Core Duo 32-bit system,
FYI).

Apparently a later version of Portage will correct it, but if you're running
2.1.4.5 you're probably fixing it manually. That's been my experience
anyway.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Dirk Heinrichs

Am Mittwoch, 5. November 2008 19:08:23 schrieb Denis:
> This probably was already discussed at length... But I keep waiting
> for an automatic portage tree fix to this... Any idea if there will
> be a fix, or will I need to take care of this manually? (Intel Core
> Duo 32-bit system, FYI).

emerge -f e2fsprogs e2fsprogs-libs # wget won't work w/o com_err , so you need
to fetch first.
emerge -C com_err ss
emerge e2fsprogs

or, simpler with paludis:

paludis -i --dl-blocks discard e2fsprogs

If the block still exists after you unmerged com_err and ss, use emerge with -
t to find out which package still wants them end re-emerge this first.

HTH...

Dirk

Old 11-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

On Mittwoch 05 November 2008, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 5. November 2008 19:08:23 schrieb Denis:
> > This probably was already discussed at length... But I keep waiting
> > for an automatic portage tree fix to this... Any idea if there will
> > be a fix, or will I need to take care of this manually? (Intel Core
> > Duo 32-bit system, FYI).
>
> emerge -f e2fsprogs e2fsprogs-libs # wget won't work w/o com_err , so you
> need to fetch first.
> emerge -C com_err ss
> emerge e2fsprogs
>
> or, simpler with paludis:
>
> paludis -i --dl-blocks discard e2fsprogs
>
> If the block still exists after you unmerged com_err and ss, use emerge
> with - t to find out which package still wants them end re-emerge this
> first.
>
> HTH...
>
> Dirk

and mask com_err and ss afterwards - to make sure that nothing pulls them in.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:12 PM
"Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto"

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 6:52 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann
<volker.armin.hemmann@tu-clausthal.de> wrote:
> On Mittwoch 05 November 2008, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
>> Am Mittwoch, 5. November 2008 19:08:23 schrieb Denis:
>> > This probably was already discussed at length... But I keep waiting
>> > for an automatic portage tree fix to this... Any idea if there will
>> > be a fix, or will I need to take care of this manually? (Intel Core
>> > Duo 32-bit system, FYI).
>>
>> emerge -f e2fsprogs e2fsprogs-libs # wget won't work w/o com_err , so you
>> need to fetch first.
>> emerge -C com_err ss
>> emerge e2fsprogs
>>
>> or, simpler with paludis:
>>
>> paludis -i --dl-blocks discard e2fsprogs
>>
>> If the block still exists after you unmerged com_err and ss, use emerge
>> with - t to find out which package still wants them end re-emerge this
>> first.
>>
>> HTH...
>>
>> Dirk
>
> and mask com_err and ss afterwards - to make sure that nothing pulls them in.
Seems completely unnecessary.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

On Mittwoch 05 November 2008, Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 6:52 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann
>
> <volker.armin.hemmann@tu-clausthal.de> wrote:
> >>
> >> emerge -f e2fsprogs e2fsprogs-libs # wget won't work w/o com_err , so
> >> you need to fetch first.
> >> emerge -C com_err ss
> >> emerge e2fsprogs
> >>
> >> or, simpler with paludis:
> >>
> >> paludis -i --dl-blocks discard e2fsprogs
> >>
> >> If the block still exists after you unmerged com_err and ss, use emerge
> >> with - t to find out which package still wants them end re-emerge this
> >> first.
> >>
> >> HTH...
> >>
> >> Dirk
> >
> > and mask com_err and ss afterwards - to make sure that nothing pulls them
> > in.
>
> Seems completely unnecessary.

seems - but was part of the bug back in the days I did the switch. unmerge and
mask them, was the instruction.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Alex Schuster

James Homuth writes:

> Apparently a later version of Portage will correct it, but if you're
> running 2.1.4.5 you're probably fixing it manually. That's been my
> experience anyway.

On the PC I am writing this, portage 2.2 had no trouble with this update.
But on another, which was upgraded to portage 2.2 just before the world
update, I got the blockers and had to solve this manually. No idea why.

Wonko

Old 11-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Erik Hahn

On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 07:16:02PM +0100, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
> or, simpler with paludis:
>
> paludis -i --dl-blocks discard e2fsprogs
>
> If the block still exists after you unmerged com_err and ss, use emerge with -
> t to find out which package still wants them end re-emerge this first.

It might be a good idea to remove the entries in the package database
afterwards.

-Erik

--
v4sw5RUYhw2ln3pr5ck0ma2u7Lw3+2Xm0l6/7Gi2e2t3b6AKMen5+7a16s0Sr1p-5.62/-6.56g6OR

Old 11-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Denis

I did this

emerge -f e2fsprogs e2fsprogs-libs
emerge -C com_err ss

but it still complained about blocks when I tried "emerge e2fsprogs"

So I had to do

emerge -C e2fsprogs
emerge e2fsprogs

This seems to work fine - no more blocks.

Thank you,
Denis

Old 11-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Markos Chandras

On Wednesday 05 November 2008 22:39:52 Denis wrote:
> I did this
>
> emerge -f e2fsprogs e2fsprogs-libs
> emerge -C com_err ss
>
> but it still complained about blocks when I tried "emerge e2fsprogs"
>
> So I had to do
>
> emerge -C e2fsprogs
> emerge e2fsprogs
>
> This seems to work fine - no more blocks.
>
> Thank you,
> Denis

Yep. Thats the solution

--