Old 11-04-2008, 07:36 PM
»Q«

Default i810 has been replaced by intel?

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 22:22:19 +0200
Markos Chandras <markos.chandras@gmail.com> wrote:

> I had set VIDEO_CARDS="i810" on my laptop. Today I tried to re-emerge
> mesa package and saw that there was no more i810 on video cards but
> there is intel. Does this mean that I should replace
> VIDEO_CARD="i810" with "intel" ?

Yes. Also, make sure to replace any references to the i810 driver in
xorg.conf.

--
»Q«
Kleeneness is next to Gödelness.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:36 PM
james

Markos Chandras <markos.chandras <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I had set VIDEO_CARDS="i810" on my laptop. Today I tried to re-emerge mesa
> package and saw that there was no more i810 on video cards but there is
> intel. Does this mean that I should replace VIDEO_CARD="i810" with "intel" ?

I think this was recently discussed on the list. Search it out, less than
2 weeks ago....

hth,

James

Old 11-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Markos Chandras

On Tuesday 04 November 2008 22:36:23 james wrote:
> Markos Chandras <markos.chandras <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > I had set VIDEO_CARDS="i810" on my laptop. Today I tried to re-emerge
> > mesa package and saw that there was no more i810 on video cards but there
> > is intel. Does this mean that I should replace VIDEO_CARD="i810" with
> > "intel" ?
>
> I think this was recently discussed on the list. Search it out, less than
> 2 weeks ago....
>

> hth,
>
> James

Ooops, sorry, i wasnt subscribed back then. Thanks

--
Markos Chandras

Old 11-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Neil Bothwick

http://archives.gentoo.org/

--
Neil Bothwick

Time is an illusion but never so much as when you're using a modem.

Old 11-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Markos Chandras

On Tuesday 04 November 2008 23:01:23 Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 22:43:11 +0200, Markos Chandras wrote:
> > > I think this was recently discussed on the list. Search it out, less
> > > than 2 weeks ago....
> >
> > Ooops, sorry, i wasnt subscribed back then. Thanks
>
> http://archives.gentoo.org/

Many thanks. All done

--
Markos Chandras