Old 11-04-2008, 09:49 AM
"Daniel Pielmeier"

Default emerging gnome - blocked package

2008/11/4 András Csányi <sayusi.ando@gmail.com>:
> Hi all!
>
> I have a little problem with gnome.
> I wanted to install gnome, but I got this error message:
>
> [blocks B ] <gnome-base/gail-1000 (is blocking x11-libs/gtk+-2.14.4)
>
> I thought isn't a problem because I'm using Gentoo for 3 years. I
> uninstall gail and gtk+ and emerge is working fine... But after this
> the blockign situation is same.
> Okay, nothing problem I thought, I install the gail and after I can
> install gtk+ BUT - and this is a really big BUT - gail depending of
> gtk+.
>
> softwarealchemy sayusi # emerge -avt gail
>
> These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:
>
> Calculating dependencies... done!
> [ebuild N ] gnome-base/gail-1.22.3 USE="-debug -doc" 659 kB
> [ebuild N ] x11-libs/gtk+-2.14.4 USE="X jpeg jpeg2k tiff
> vim-syntax -cups -debug -doc -xinerama" 0 kB
> [blocks B ] <gnome-base/gail-1000 (is blocking x11-libs/gtk+-2.14.4)
>
> Total: 2 packages (2 new, 1 block), Size of downloads: 659 kB
>
> After this I tried to install gtk+ first and gail second, but blocking
> situation is same.
>
> So my knowledge is over and I have to ask others...
> What can I do in this situation?
>
> Thank you for help!

Unmerge gail and install gnome and you should be fine.

Gail is now part of gtk+ since gtk+-2.14.

For reference http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/gnome-base/gail/

Daniel

Old 11-04-2008, 10:26 AM
"András Csányi"

2008/11/4 Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@googlemail.com>:

> Unmerge gail and install gnome and you should be fine.
>
> Gail is now part of gtk+ since gtk+-2.14.
>
> For reference http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/gnome-base/gail/

Hi Daniel!

Gail isn't installed on my system.
Can be the cause of this problem that few packages - below - have ~x86 keywords?

media-video/totem ~x86
x11-libs/gtk+ ~x86
dev-libs/glib ~x86
media-plugins/gst-plugins-gio ~x86
dev-util/intltool ~x86
dev-libs/totem-pl-parser ~x86

I these packages hasn't ~x86 keyword I can install only firefox-2.x.

--
- -
-- Csanyi Andras -- http://sayusi.hu -- Sayusi Ando

Old 11-04-2008, 10:26 AM
"András Csányi"

2008/11/4 András Csányi <sayusi.ando@gmail.com>:

> I these packages hasn't ~x86 keyword I can install only firefox-2.x.

Sorry!
If these packages...

--
- -