Old 11-04-2008, 09:23 AM
"András Csányi"

Default emerging gnome - blocked package

Hi all!

I have a little problem with gnome.
I wanted to install gnome, but I got this error message:

[blocks B ] <gnome-base/gail-1000 (is blocking x11-libs/gtk+-2.14.4)

I thought isn't a problem because I'm using Gentoo for 3 years. I
uninstall gail and gtk+ and emerge is working fine... But after this
the blockign situation is same.
Okay, nothing problem I thought, I install the gail and after I can
install gtk+ BUT - and this is a really big BUT - gail depending of
gtk+.

softwarealchemy sayusi # emerge -avt gail

These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild N ] gnome-base/gail-1.22.3 USE="-debug -doc" 659 kB
[ebuild N ] x11-libs/gtk+-2.14.4 USE="X jpeg jpeg2k tiff
vim-syntax -cups -debug -doc -xinerama" 0 kB
[blocks B ] <gnome-base/gail-1000 (is blocking x11-libs/gtk+-2.14.4)

Total: 2 packages (2 new, 1 block), Size of downloads: 659 kB

After this I tried to install gtk+ first and gail second, but blocking
situation is same.

So my knowledge is over and I have to ask others...
What can I do in this situation?

Thank you for help!

--
- -