Old 11-03-2008, 06:10 PM
Daryl Styrk

Default distcc problems

Old 11-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Jeremy McSpadden

On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 14:10 -0500, Daryl Styrk wrote:

I don't think your looking for distcc/d - that's for distributed compiling with other computers. maybe cccache ?

Jeremy McSpadden

UberPenguin.net

Old 11-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Daryl Styrk

Old 11-03-2008, 06:41 PM
Markos Chandras

On Monday 03 November 2008 21:10:37 Daryl Styrk wrote:
> I thought I had everything set up correctly but apparently not.
>
> distccd[6820] (doc_execvp) ERROR: failed to exec x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc
>
> : No such file or directory
>
> distccd[1246] ERROR: compile args.c on 10.0.1.8 failed with exit code 110
> make: *** [args.o] Error 110
> *
> * ERROR: dev-util/ctags-5.7 failed.
> * Call stack:
> * ebuild.sh, line 49: Called src_compile
> * environment, line 2107: Called die
> *The specific snippet of code:
> * emake || die "emake failed"
> * The die message:
> * emake failed
>
> I'm pretty new to gentoo, and linux this far 'in' any help would be
> greatly appreciated. I just finished the base install and figured this
> would be nice to help speed along compiling the rest of the system.
>
> I'm a little lost where to start and where I might have gone wrong.
>
> Any pointers to steer me back in the right direction?

Are we talking about cross-compile too? What are the arches of your gentoo
boxes?Tell us more about your configuration. Arches, who is compiling the
packages for whom etc.

--
Markos Chandras

Old 11-03-2008, 07:03 PM
Daryl Styrk

Markos Chandras wrote:
> On Monday 03 November 2008 21:10:37 Daryl Styrk wrote:
>> I thought I had everything set up correctly but apparently not.
>>
>> distccd[6820] (doc_execvp) ERROR: failed to exec x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc
>>
>> : No such file or directory
>>
>> distccd[1246] ERROR: compile args.c on 10.0.1.8 failed with exit code 110
>> make: *** [args.o] Error 110
>> *
>> * ERROR: dev-util/ctags-5.7 failed.
>> * Call stack:
>> * ebuild.sh, line 49: Called src_compile
>> * environment, line 2107: Called die
>> *The specific snippet of code:
>> * emake || die "emake failed"
>> * The die message:
>> * emake failed
>>
>> I'm pretty new to gentoo, and linux this far 'in' any help would be
>> greatly appreciated. I just finished the base install and figured this
>> would be nice to help speed along compiling the rest of the system.
>>
>> I'm a little lost where to start and where I might have gone wrong.
>>
>> Any pointers to steer me back in the right direction?
>
> Are we talking about cross-compile too? What are the arches of your gentoo
> boxes?Tell us more about your configuration. Arches, who is compiling the
> packages for whom etc.

Sorry,
I would like to compile packages for gentoo.

Gentoo
uname -a
2.6.25-gentoo-r7 #1 SMP x86_64 Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.20GHz
gcc -v 4.1.2

Ubuntu 8.04
uname -a
2.6.25-21-generic #1 SMP x86_64 Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T550 @ 1.83GHz
gcc -v 4.2.4 (ubuntu 4.2.4-1ubuntu3)

some further reading looks like not having matching gcc versions will be
problematic and makes sense.

Could that be the exit code 110?

Any other system information needed?

Old 11-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Markos Chandras

On Monday 03 November 2008 22:03:08 Daryl Styrk wrote:
> Markos Chandras wrote:
> > On Monday 03 November 2008 21:10:37 Daryl Styrk wrote:
> >> I thought I had everything set up correctly but apparently not.
> >>
> >> distccd[6820] (doc_execvp) ERROR: failed to exec x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc
> >>
> >> : No such file or directory
> >>
> >> distccd[1246] ERROR: compile args.c on 10.0.1.8 failed with exit code
> >> 110 make: *** [args.o] Error 110
> >> *
> >> * ERROR: dev-util/ctags-5.7 failed.
> >> * Call stack:
> >> * ebuild.sh, line 49: Called src_compile
> >> * environment, line 2107: Called die
> >> *The specific snippet of code:
> >> * emake || die "emake failed"
> >> * The die message:
> >> * emake failed
> >>
> >> I'm pretty new to gentoo, and linux this far 'in' any help would be
> >> greatly appreciated. I just finished the base install and figured this
> >> would be nice to help speed along compiling the rest of the system.
> >>
> >> I'm a little lost where to start and where I might have gone wrong.
> >>
> >> Any pointers to steer me back in the right direction?
> >
> > Are we talking about cross-compile too? What are the arches of your
> > gentoo boxes?Tell us more about your configuration. Arches, who is
> > compiling the packages for whom etc.
>
> Sorry,
> I would like to compile packages for gentoo.
>
> Gentoo
> uname -a
> 2.6.25-gentoo-r7 #1 SMP x86_64 Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.20GHz
> gcc -v 4.1.2
>
> Ubuntu 8.04
> uname -a
> 2.6.25-21-generic #1 SMP x86_64 Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T550 @ 1.83GHz
> gcc -v 4.2.4 (ubuntu 4.2.4-1ubuntu3)
>
> some further reading looks like not having matching gcc versions will be
> problematic and makes sense.
>
> Could that be the exit code 110?
>
> Any other system information needed?

Tricky one. I couldnt do the same with gentoo+debian. You can find both gcc
versions by running gcc -v . You might want to read [1] and [2] about distcc
on debian and gentoo

[1] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/distcc.xml
[2] http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/112

--
Markos Chandras

Old 02-09-2009, 10:29 PM
Ernesto Rodriguez Ortiz

Hi, I'm new in the gentoo-hardened server stuff and I managed to install one in my work but I have problems to start the service distcc. Since now it is the only problematic thing, how can I fix this? Has it happened to someone else? Do I need to send something else about the system, the configuration make.conf?

これも通過する..
Eroz.