Old 11-03-2008, 02:59 PM

Default Vanilla linux 2.6.27.4 + nvidia drivers == problems

Hi,

I was using the vanilla linux kernel 2.6.27.4 from ftp.kernel.org.
Compiling nvidia drivers 173.14.12 for this kernel fails.
Compiling nvidia drivers 177.80 for this kernel results in
non-functional X (black screen, nothing else, reboot necessary via
CTRLALTDEL).

According to lspci I am using a
nVidia Corporation GeForce 7600 GT (rev a2)
PCI card.

Before posting dumps and logs I want to ask, whether this is a
general problem, a "bug in front of monitor"-problem or something
totally different??!?!?!

mcc

Old 11-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Monday 03 November 2008 17:59:03 meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was using the vanilla linux kernel 2.6.27.4 from ftp.kernel.org.
> Compiling nvidia drivers 173.14.12 for this kernel fails.
> Compiling nvidia drivers 177.80 for this kernel results in
> non-functional X (black screen, nothing else, reboot necessary via
> CTRLALTDEL).
>
> According to lspci I am using a
> nVidia Corporation GeForce 7600 GT (rev a2)
> PCI card.
>
> Before posting dumps and logs
always do this. Otherwise you are just wasting the list member's time. Posting
errors and logs is not a waste of their time.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com