Old 10-28-2008, 03:46 PM
Allan Gottlieb

Default ssh trouble

At Tue, 28 Oct 2008 09:26:07 -0700 Brian Wince <bwince@redback.com> wrote:

> [...]

It is now!

thanks,
allan

Old 10-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Tuesday 28 October 2008 18:46:11 Allan Gottlieb wrote:
> At Tue, 28 Oct 2008 09:26:07 -0700 Brian Wince <bwince@redback.com> wrote:

I take it you did the obvious and restarted sshd after the upgrade?

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 10-28-2008, 04:13 PM
Allan Gottlieb

At Tue, 28 Oct 2008 18:58:16 +0200 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday 28 October 2008 18:46:11 Allan Gottlieb wrote:
>> At Tue, 28 Oct 2008 09:26:07 -0700 Brian Wince <bwince@redback.com> wrote:

Yes. Indeed it was the next day that I encountered the failure.
Brian's fix was what I needed. I must have changed the config last time
and not left my usual
# AJG:
marker to alert me. I should have noticed the change to X11Forwarding
when I did etc-update, but unfortunately did not.

allan

Old 10-28-2008, 05:40 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Tuesday 28 October 2008 19:13:19 Allan Gottlieb wrote:
> At Tue, 28 Oct 2008 18:58:16 +0200 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > On Tuesday 28 October 2008 18:46:11 Allan Gottlieb wrote:
> >> At Tue, 28 Oct 2008 09:26:07 -0700 Brian Wince <bwince@redback.com>

Yup, it's those pesky config files and the need to put stuff in them :-)

Config files really should be more intelligent and know to do what you want
not what you say....

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 10-28-2008, 05:56 PM
"Joshua Murphy"

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 2:40 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 October 2008 19:13:19 Allan Gottlieb wrote:
>> At Tue, 28 Oct 2008 18:58:16 +0200 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@gmail.com>
> wrote:

They also should be almost completely unreadable and stored in one big
conglomerated mass from everything on the system. Just like that
*other* OS!

(I can't ever seem to break out of my lurking on a serious note.)

--
Poison [BLX]
Joshua M. Murphy