Old 10-28-2008, 01:39 PM
Helmut Jarausch

Default kde install mess

Hi,

anyhow I managed to get a mess of blockings when trying to emerge kde
packages. (might be that has something to do with the recent downgrade
from 3.5.10-r* to 3.5.9)

Just one example:

trying to emerge e.g. konsole:3.5 I get

"kde-base/kdebase-kioslaves:3.5" is blocking kde-base/kdebase-3.5.9-r4

but I cannot see any negative DEPEND either in the ebuilds of
kdebase-kioslaves nor kdebase-3.5.9-r4

So, what went wrong here?

Many thanks for a hint,

Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
RWTH - Aachen University
D 52056 Aachen, Germany

Old 10-28-2008, 01:49 PM
"András Csányi"

2008/10/28 Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@igpm.rwth-aachen.de>:
> Hi,
>
> anyhow I managed to get a mess of blockings when trying to emerge kde
> packages. (might be that has something to do with the recent downgrade
> from 3.5.10-r* to 3.5.9)
>
> Just one example:
>
> trying to emerge e.g. konsole:3.5 I get
>
> "kde-base/kdebase-kioslaves:3.5" is blocking kde-base/kdebase-3.5.9-r4
>
> but I cannot see any negative DEPEND either in the ebuilds of
> kdebase-kioslaves nor kdebase-3.5.9-r4
>
> So, what went wrong here?
>
> Many thanks for a hint,

Do you have any package which belongs kde-meta with ~x86 keywords?
I remember I wanted to reemerge few package on my system few weeks ago
and I had some kde package with ~x86 and I got lot of blocking
message.
The solution: I don't use kde package with ~x86.

I hope I could help.

András

--
- -
-- Csanyi Andras -- http://sayusi.hu -- Sayusi Ando

Old 10-28-2008, 02:01 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Tuesday 28 October 2008 16:39:34 Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> anyhow I managed to get a mess of blockings when trying to emerge kde
> packages. (might be that has something to do with the recent downgrade
> from 3.5.10-r* to 3.5.9)
>
> Just one example:
>
> trying to emerge e.g. konsole:3.5 I get
>
> "kde-base/kdebase-kioslaves:3.5" is blocking kde-base/kdebase-3.5.9-r4
>
> but I cannot see any negative DEPEND either in the ebuilds of
> kdebase-kioslaves nor kdebase-3.5.9-r4
>
> So, what went wrong here?

You are mixing kde:3.5 monolithic and split ebuilds

kdebase-kioslaves is a split ebuild
kdebase is a monolithic one

I suspect you have monolithic kde installed and are trying to emerge konsole.
That will never work.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com