Old 10-27-2008, 12:50 PM
BRM

Default Recovering installed files after hard drive replacement (was LVM Recovery....)

Okay, so I got a new hard drive, and got my LVM back up using the 'partial' mode. I haven't lost anything I cared about.
Any further hard drive recovery will involve some kind of service and likely lost of $$ - if I cared that much.

Any how...I had /opt and /usr/local mapped to the VG - they were the only parts of the VG that were lost.
I know some stuff was installed to /opt at the very least (at least java, and netscape extensions).

So, are there any existing tools that will detect missing installed files and rebuild those specific builds?
Otherwise, I might try to write a script to do it, but I'd prefer something that already exists.

The system may be partially hosed until I can resolve this.

TIA,

Ben