Old 10-26-2008, 04:04 PM
Grant

Default New "intel" xorg-server USE flag

I see there is a new intel USE flag for xorg-server. I also see
(-i810%*) which may be due to my hardened profile? Should I change
VIDEO_CARDS="i810" to intel? I have this in the laptop's lspci:
"Intel Corporation 82801H".

- Grant

Old 10-26-2008, 04:31 PM
"Liviu Andronic"

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 7:04 PM, Grant <emailgrant@gmail.com> wrote:
> I see there is a new intel USE flag for xorg-server. I also see
> (-i810%*) which may be due to my hardened profile? Should I change
> VIDEO_CARDS="i810" to intel? I have this in the laptop's lspci:
> "Intel Corporation 82801H".

Please search recent posts.
Liviu

Old 10-26-2008, 04:32 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Sunday 26 October 2008 19:04:03 Grant wrote:
> I see there is a new intel USE flag for xorg-server. I also see
> (-i810%*) which may be due to my hardened profile? Should I change
> VIDEO_CARDS="i810" to intel?

Yes.

Intel have developed an all-in-one driver called ?intel" that supercedes and
replaces the old drivers. The USE flag change reflects this.

> I have this in the laptop's lspci:
> "Intel Corporation 82801H".

which will be driven nicely by the new driver

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 10-27-2008, 04:52 PM
Grant

>> I see there is a new intel USE flag for xorg-server. I also see
>> (-i810%*) which may be due to my hardened profile? Should I change
>> VIDEO_CARDS="i810" to intel?
>
> Yes.
>
> Intel have developed an all-in-one driver called ?intel" that supercedes and
> replaces the old drivers. The USE flag change reflects this.
>
>> I have this in the laptop's lspci:
>> "Intel Corporation 82801H".
>
> which will be driven nicely by the new driver

Thank you very much Alan.

- Grant