Old 10-23-2008, 10:05 PM
"Paul Hartman"

Default lazy mouse

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 4:25 PM, Andrew Gaydenko <a@gaydenko.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Changing a mouse (to Genius Traveler 315 Laser) resulted in the problem:
> almost always after booting the mouse is not active (say, at level 3 wheel
> rolling shows a mouse cursor, but movement doesn't work, as well as in X).
> Hot replugging to (any) USB port "cures" the problem for current session.
>
> The world isn't perfect...
>
> Thoughts?

Are the required modules for USB set to auto-load at boot time? (maybe
udev is loading them when you plug it afterwards)

Old 10-27-2008, 03:57 PM
Andrew Gaydenko

On Friday 24 October 2008 02:05:14 Paul Hartman wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 4:25 PM, Andrew Gaydenko <a@gaydenko.com> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Changing a mouse (to Genius Traveler 315 Laser) resulted in the problem:
> > almost always after booting the mouse is not active (say, at level 3
> > wheel rolling shows a mouse cursor, but movement doesn't work, as well as
> > in X). Hot replugging to (any) USB port "cures" the problem for current
> > session.
> >
> > The world isn't perfect...
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> Are the required modules for USB set to auto-load at boot time? (maybe
> udev is loading them when you plug it afterwards)

Paul, thanks for the idea. Unfortunately it isn't a case: I have looked at
'lsmod' output and 'messages' file - nothing with modules. And, as I have
said, wheel rolling does *show* a (moveless) mouse cursor in console.

Andrew