Old 10-23-2008, 02:26 AM
deface

Default gentoo-wiki.com - Needs your help!

I am reaching out to the community in search of someone, or someone
who may know someone at either TEL-X (http://www.telx.com)
or 56Marietta (http://www.56marietta.com). I'm sure everyone on this ML
is aware that wiki is down. It may not concern some of you, as
it is not an official documentation site; but for the rest of us, it is
a very helpful resource. You can read the current status of the wiki as
thrasher7 (Mike Valstar - mikevalstar<REMOVEME>@gmail.com) blogs it. Our
options are stated, but we hope to find another through
this e-mail. If anyone has any sort of contact with anyone at either of
these locations, please let me or Mike know.

Thanks in advance,

deface

Old 10-23-2008, 01:02 PM
Erik Hahn

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 09:26:36PM -0500, deface wrote:
> I am reaching out to the community in search of someone, or someone
> who may know someone at either TEL-X (http://www.telx.com)
> or 56Marietta (http://www.56marietta.com). I'm sure everyone on this ML
> is aware that wiki is down. It may not concern some of you, as
> it is not an official documentation site; but for the rest of us, it is
> a very helpful resource. You can read the current status of the wiki as
> thrasher7 (Mike Valstar - mikevalstar<REMOVEME>@gmail.com) blogs it. Our
> options are stated, but we hope to find another through
> this e-mail. If anyone has any sort of contact with anyone at either of
> these locations, please let me or Mike know.

The wiki can still be accessed via Google's cache.

--
hackerkey://v4sw5hw2ln3pr5ck0ma2u7LwXm4l7Gi2e2t4b7Ken4/7a16s0r1p-5.62/-6.56g5OR

Old 10-23-2008, 01:43 PM
"Steven Susbauer"

deface wrote:

I am reaching out to the community in search of someone, or someone
who may know someone at either TEL-X (http://www.telx.com)
or 56Marietta (http://www.56marietta.com). I'm sure everyone on this ML
is aware that wiki is down. It may not concern some of you, as
it is not an official documentation site; but for the rest of us, it is
a very helpful resource. You can read the current status of the wiki as
thrasher7 (Mike Valstar - mikevalstar<REMOVEME>@gmail.com) blogs it. Our
options are stated, but we hope to find another through
this e-mail. If anyone has any sort of contact with anyone at either of
these locations, please let me or Mike know.

Thanks in advance,

deface

The Gentoo-Wiki and Gentoo-Portage pages are unofficial, but it would be
very nice if Gentoo was able to provide its own wiki service (and
Gentoo-Portage-like thing, packages.gentoo.org is nowhere near as
useful), possibly working with Mike on an official basis. I've always
been curious why the Foundation is passing up a great opporitunity to
have a lot of good, community based documentation especially for
projects and setups that Gentoo itself does not provide documentation
for, as well as an easy frontend for reading all about different ebuilds.

I am unfortunately unable to help with this predicament though plan on
putting in a donation once the sites are up. It does appear he was able
to get in touch with TelX so hopefully everything gets up and running
quickly.

-Steve

Old 10-24-2008, 05:42 AM
"Nick Pappin"

I would second all of this I use gentoo-wiki almost everyday and it is
killing me that it isnt up. I think this would be a great service if
we can give it to the community.

--
W. Nick Pappin
IT Staff