Old 10-22-2008, 01:52 PM

Default what can I do besides waiting or complaining about missing kompozer?

Dear all

Life without Kompozer is a pain to me. Nvu has some historical bug that
was killed in kompozer. My daily work require wysiwyg HTML editor a lot
because my work involve working with web pages with a lot of tables of
tabular data (you can hardly work efficiently with HTML tables with raw
HTML editor, e.g. for the work of merging table cells).

However after years and years kompozer is still not available in Gentoo
Linux. I start to have difficulty working with my colleagues who use
Ubuntu or SuSE who already replaced nvu with kompozer. Our SVN commit
message start to show stupid change to CSS back and forth because
different formatting of CSS by two editors.

What can I do besides waiting forever for compozer to be added to the
portage or complaining in this list?

P. S. I am also willing to start tutorial and mange to contribute
ebuilds to gentoo project, e.g. for ThinkingRock, for Pentaho Report
(these software didn't make their way into Gentoo Portage perhaps
because nobody make ebuilds for them). but I really hesitate because I
can see in bugzilla someone did ebuilds for kompozer years ago and never
accepted (so does ebuilds for amaya, for gpass etc), so if I contribute
ebuilds: but knowing it can be not accepted for years, I lost the
motivation.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:06 PM
Graham Murray

zhangweiwu@realss.com writes:

> What can I do besides waiting forever for compozer to be added to the
> portage or complaining in this list?

You can create an ebuild for it in an overlay, eg /usr/portage/local.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:08 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 21:52:04 +0800, zhangweiwu@realss.com wrote:

> However after years and years kompozer is still not available in Gentoo
> Linux.

If you'd searched Bugzilla you'd have found an ebuild for the latest
release, which appears to be in the Arcon overlay too.

--
Neil Bothwick

WYTYSYDG - What you thought you saw, you didn't get.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:37 AM
"Gildor Oronar

Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 21:52:04 +0800, zhangweiwu@realss.com wrote:
>
>> However after years and years kompozer is still not available in Gentoo
>> Linux.
>
> If you'd searched Bugzilla you'd have found an ebuild for the latest
> release, which appears to be in the Arcon overlay too.

maybe I am stupid but
#layman -L
output doesn't contain the word 'arcon' or 'Acron'. A google with
keyword 'Arcon overlay' doesn't find instruction how to install it
neither. Could it be related to my platform (PowerPC)?

A link with information related to how to install 'arcon overlay' would
be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

I am fine with installing an overlay, but I guess if the ebuild is in
the portage then it's available for more people. For me now is only how
to get overlay working.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:21 AM
Dirk Heinrichs

Am Samstag, 25. Oktober 2008 10:37:48 schrieb Gildor Oronar
<gildororonar@mail-on.us>:

> maybe I am stupid but
> #layman -L
> output doesn't contain the word 'arcon' or 'Acron'.

# playman -l|grep -i arcon
arcon | svn://svn.ospdev.net/svnroot/arcon/trunk/arcon-
overlay

HTH...

Dirk

Old 10-25-2008, 01:32 PM
Norberto Bensa

On Saturday October 25 2008 09:21:41 Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
> # playman -l|grep -i arcon
> arcon | svn://svn.ospdev.net/svnroot/arcon/trunk/arcon-
> overlay

WTF is playman!?

Old 10-25-2008, 02:01 PM
Matthias Krebs

On Saturday 25 October 2008 10:37:48 Gildor Oronar <gildororonar@mail-on.us>
wrote:
> Neil Bothwick wrote:
> > On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 21:52:04 +0800, zhangweiwu@realss.com wrote:
> >> However after years and years kompozer is still not available in Gentoo
> >> Linux.
> >
> > If you'd searched Bugzilla you'd have found an ebuild for the latest
> > release, which appears to be in the Arcon overlay too.
>
> maybe I am stupid but
> #layman -L
> output doesn't contain the word 'arcon' or 'Acron'. A google with
> keyword 'Arcon overlay' doesn't find instruction how to install it
> neither. Could it be related to my platform (PowerPC)?
>
> A link with information related to how to install 'arcon overlay' would
> be very helpful. Thanks in advance.
>
> I am fine with installing an overlay, but I guess if the ebuild is in
> the portage then it's available for more people. For me now is only how
> to get overlay working.
You have to build layman with subversion use flag to see svn repositories.
Same goes for git.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:21 PM
Dirk Heinrichs

Am Samstag, 25. Oktober 2008 15:32:50 schrieb Norberto Bensa:
> On Saturday October 25 2008 09:21:41 Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
> > # playman -l|grep -i arcon
> > arcon | svn://svn.ospdev.net/svnroot/arcon/trunk/arcon-
> > overlay
>
> WTF is playman!?

The paludis equivalent of layman.

Bye...

Dirk

Old 10-25-2008, 08:41 PM
Norberto Bensa

On Saturday October 25 2008 12:21:01 Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
> Am Samstag, 25. Oktober 2008 15:32:50 schrieb Norberto Bensa:
> >
> > WTF is playman!?
>
> The paludis equivalent of layman.

If development has moved to paludis, I guess I'll have to move to it.

How much trouble do you think I'll face migrating to paludis?

Thanks,
Norberto

Old 10-26-2008, 07:18 AM
Dirk Heinrichs

Am Samstag, 25. Oktober 2008 22:41:09 schrieb Norberto Bensa:

> How much trouble do you think I'll face migrating to paludis?

Zero. Just follow the migration guide.

Bye...

Dirk