Old 10-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Michael George

Default openoffice 3.0 problem

Yesterday I saw that openoffice 3.0 was unmasked for amd64 so I built
and installed it. It seemed to work fine on a couple test documents
that I opened, but then I ran into a problem with the one which has my
household expense spreadsheets.

I opened it and the data on one of the sheets was there for sure, but
there was no tab bar for moving between the sheets. I saved a copy of
that spreadsheet into a new file to see if a natively-stored file will
have the same problem. It did. I looked to see if there was an option
to turn on the sheet tab bar, but I didn't find any.

So I rebuilt 2.4.1 and tested it on the spreadsheed which I saved with
OOo 3.0. It also didn't show the tab bar at the bottom! When I opened
my original with 2.4.1, though, it appears fine.

Has anyone else encountered this type of problem?

--
-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:39 PM
Michael George

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 03:13:52PM +0200, Beso wrote:
> 2008/10/21 Michael George <george@mutualdata.com>:
> > Yesterday I saw that openoffice 3.0 was unmasked for amd64 so I built
> > and installed it. It seemed to work fine on a couple test documents
> > that I opened, but then I ran into a problem with the one which has my
> > household expense spreadsheets.
> >
> > I opened it and the data on one of the sheets was there for sure, but
> > there was no tab bar for moving between the sheets. I saved a copy of
> > that spreadsheet into a new file to see if a natively-stored file will
> > have the same problem. It did. I looked to see if there was an option
> > to turn on the sheet tab bar, but I didn't find any.
> >
> > So I rebuilt 2.4.1 and tested it on the spreadsheed which I saved with
> > OOo 3.0. It also didn't show the tab bar at the bottom! When I opened
> > my original with 2.4.1, though, it appears fine.
>
> i can see the tab bar in my openoffice 3.0.
> but in the openoffice options you can a find a reference to it:
>
> tools->options->Openoffice.org Calc->View->Sheet divider should be ticked.

Ah, there's the setting for it. Turning it off and back on brought the
tabs back. Thanks for the help!