FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 10-21-2008, 05:55 AM
"András Csányi"
 
Default Openttd

Hi all!

Few weeks ago I reinstalled my desktop and now I want to play with
openttd but I wonder this package is masked.
I saw the version of this package int the portage is 0.5.3 but on the
openttd's website the latest stable version is 0.6.3.
So I want to ask: what is the problem whit this package?
Should I install from overlay? Which overlay?

Thank you for answers!

András

--
- -
-- Csanyi Andras -- http://sayusi.hu -- Sayusi Ando
-- "Bízzál Istenben és tartsd szárazon a puskaport!".-- Cromwell
 
Old 10-21-2008, 05:42 PM
"Arttu V."
 
Default Openttd

On 10/21/08, András Csányi <sayusi.ando@gmail.com> wrote:
> Few weeks ago I reinstalled my desktop and now I want to play with
> openttd but I wonder this package is masked.
> I saw the version of this package int the portage is 0.5.3 but on the
> openttd's website the latest stable version is 0.6.3.
> So I want to ask: what is the problem whit this package?

Hi,

Did you read these bugs?

http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=215776
http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=233929

They answer at least partially to many of your questions. Old one is
blocked due to security reasons, new one has been under work and a
version is available from that bug, they took extra time since openttd
developers use some funky multi-platform configuration stuff of their
own making, etc.

Maybe you could settle for dosbox with the old TTD MS-DOS version
until they get everything sorted out with openttd's new version?

--
Arttu V.
 
Old 10-21-2008, 05:55 PM
"András Csányi"
 
Default Openttd

2008/10/21 Arttu V. <arttuv69@gmail.com>:
> On 10/21/08, András Csányi <sayusi.ando@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Few weeks ago I reinstalled my desktop and now I want to play with
>> openttd but I wonder this package is masked.
>> I saw the version of this package int the portage is 0.5.3 but on the
>> openttd's website the latest stable version is 0.6.3.
>> So I want to ask: what is the problem whit this package?
>
> Hi,
>
> Did you read these bugs?
>
> http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=215776
> http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=233929
>
> They answer at least partially to many of your questions. Old one is
> blocked due to security reasons, new one has been under work and a
> version is available from that bug, they took extra time since openttd
> developers use some funky multi-platform configuration stuff of their
> own making, etc.
>
> Maybe you could settle for dosbox with the old TTD MS-DOS version
> until they get everything sorted out with openttd's new version?

No, I didn't read. Thanks your links.
I will be patience

--
- -
-- Csanyi Andras -- http://sayusi.hu -- Sayusi Ando
-- "Bízzál Istenben és tartsd szárazon a puskaport!".-- Cromwell
 
Old 10-22-2008, 08:45 AM
"Mickaël Bucas"
 
Default Openttd

2008/10/21, András Csányi <sayusi.ando@gmail.com>:
> 2008/10/21 Arttu V. <arttuv69@gmail.com>:
>> On 10/21/08, András Csányi <sayusi.ando@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Few weeks ago I reinstalled my desktop and now I want to play with
>>> openttd but I wonder this package is masked.
>>> I saw the version of this package int the portage is 0.5.3 but on the
>>> openttd's website the latest stable version is 0.6.3.
>>> So I want to ask: what is the problem whit this package?
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Did you read these bugs?
>>
>> http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=215776
>> http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=233929
>>
>> They answer at least partially to many of your questions. Old one is
>> blocked due to security reasons, new one has been under work and a
>> version is available from that bug, they took extra time since openttd
>> developers use some funky multi-platform configuration stuff of their
>> own making, etc.
>>
>> Maybe you could settle for dosbox with the old TTD MS-DOS version
>> until they get everything sorted out with openttd's new version?
>
> No, I didn't read. Thanks your links.
> I will be patience
>
> --
> - -
> -- Csanyi Andras -- http://sayusi.hu -- Sayusi Ando
> -- "Bízzál Istenben és tartsd szárazon a puskaport!".-- Cromwell
>

Hi,
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:35 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org