Old 10-20-2008, 03:03 PM
"Carlos"

Default ivman alters /dev/null permissions

Hi fellow gentoo users,

I'm not sure if there are many of you that use ivman to automount devices, but I recently started to use it and had /dev/null permissions change to 0600.

This broke X login sessions for non root users:

-bash: /dev/null: Permission denied

The two entries that appear to be responsible for this behaviour are:

IvmConfigActions.xml: <ivm:Option name="checkOnInit" value="false" />
IvmConfigProperties.xml: <ivm:Option name="checkOnInit" value="false" />
(note: these were set to "true", but I've changed them to false")

I don't understand ivman or udev rules well enough to explain why this behaviour occurs, however, hopefully this post will be some use to others.

Regards,
Carlos