Old 10-15-2008, 02:45 PM
Dan Cowsill

Default Is an Intel motherboard RAID better or worse than software RAID?

Hi guys,

I've had some experience in the past with software (BIOS) RAID.
Obviously there would be a big performance difference with hardware vs
BIOS RAID. Has anyone done any benchmarks to the effect of BIOS vs
linux kernel RAID?

Thanks,