-   -   Is an Intel motherboard RAID better or worse than software RAID? (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/176800-intel-motherboard-raid-better-worse-than-software-raid.html)

Dan Cowsill 10-15-2008 02:45 PM

Is an Intel motherboard RAID better or worse than software RAID?

Hi guys,

I've had some experience in the past with software (BIOS) RAID.
Obviously there would be a big performance difference with hardware vs
BIOS RAID. Has anyone done any benchmarks to the effect of BIOS vs
linux kernel RAID?

Thanks,