Old 10-15-2008, 09:35 AM
"Jean-Marc Beaune"

Default Slow connexion with usb to serial converter

Hi,
*
I'm trying to use usb to serial converter, the data transfer works but it's very very slow.
*
I use FTDI converter with kernel 2.6.25-r7 build in driver.
*
How could I trave where the problem comes from?
*
Thank you,
--
Jean-Marc

Old 10-15-2008, 09:46 AM
Stroller

I'm trying to use usb to serial converter, the data transfer works but it's very very slow. * I use FTDI converter with kernel 2.6.25-r7 build in driver. * How could I trave where the problem comes from?
Unless you give more information one might assume that your slowness is only that inherent in a serial connection.
Stroller.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:53 AM
"Jean-Marc Beaune"

Ok,
*
The problem is I don't know what kind of information I can give.
*
What I can say is the*transfer takes 10 minutes via usb to serial instead of 30 seconds via the standard DB9 connector.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:55 PM
Adam Carter

*

*
The problem is I don't know what kind of information I can give.
*
What I can say is the*transfer takes 10 minutes via usb to serial
instead of 30 seconds via the standard DB9 connector.*
*
It sounds like you're saying that the USB->RS232 serial connector is
slower than a real RS232 port - is that right?
*
Are
you using the same program with both types of serial port?
*
FWIW,
i'm finding my USB->RS232 a poor substitute for a real RS232 port for doing
some things.