Old 10-15-2008, 05:11 AM
"Andrea Momesso"

Default Same package, same version, different USE flags, how to avoid rebuild?

Yesterday I emerged app-office/openoffice-3.0.0, and as usual it took a lot of time. This morning, after sync, portage wants to reemerge the same package, and the same version, due to a new (and unused by me) useflag which is "-templates%".

Of course the result would be a completely identical build, as long as I'm not using that useflag, so I want to avoid it. At the same time I don't want to see anymore openoffice in the list of upgradable packages in my daily "emerge -uDNp world".

Can someone help?

[ebuild** R** ] app-office/openoffice-3.0.0* USE="dbus nsplugin opengl pam -binfilter -cups -debug -eds -gnome -gstreamer -gtk -java -kde -ldap -mono -odk -templates%" LINGUAS="-af -ar -as_IN -be_BY -bg -bn -br -bs -ca -cs -cy -da -de -dz -el -en -en_GB -en_US -en_ZA -eo -es -et -fa -fi -fr -ga -gl -gu_IN -he -hi_IN -hr -hu -it -ja -km -ko -ku -lt -lv -mk -ml_IN -mr_IN -nb -ne -nl -nn -nr -ns -or_IN -pa_IN -pl -pt -pt_BR -ru -rw -sh -sk -sl -sr -ss -st -sv -sw_TZ -ta_IN -te_IN -tg -th -ti_ER -tn -tr -ts -uk -ur_IN -ve -vi -xh -zh_CN -zh_TW -zu" 0 k

(I see "-templates%" in yellow)

--
Momesso (TopperH) Andrea
http://topperh.blogspot.com

Jabber: topper_harley@jabber.org

ICQ: 224179391

Old 10-15-2008, 06:20 AM

[...]

================
Momesso Andrea
================

Old 10-15-2008, 07:08 AM
Alan McKinnon

On Wedn"esday 15 October 2008 08:20:40 momesso.andrea@gmail.com wrote:"
> Yesterday I emerged app-office/openoffice-3.0.0, and as usual it took a lot
> of time.
>
> This morning, after sync, portage wants to reemerge the same package, and
> the same version, due to a new (and unused by me) useflag which is
> "-templates%".
>
> Of course the result would be a completely identical build, as long as I'm
> not using that useflag, so I want to avoid it.
>
> At the same time I don't want to see anymore openoffice in the list of
> upgradable packages in my daily "emerge -uDNp world".
>
> Can someone help?

Let the thing build overnight. Tomorrow morning it will accede to your wishes
and start to shut up.

"emerge --reinstall changed-use" also looks worth investigating

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 10-15-2008, 09:56 AM
"Andrea Momesso"

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 9:08 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wedn"esday 15 October 2008 08:20:40 momesso.andrea@gmail.com wrote:"

> Yesterday I emerged app-office/openoffice-3.0.0, and as usual it took a lot

> of time.

> This morning, after sync, portage wants to reemerge the same package, and

> the same version, due to a new (and unused by me) useflag which is

> "-templates%".

> Of course the result would be a completely identical build, as long as I'm

> not using that useflag, so I want to avoid it.

> At the same time I don't want to see anymore openoffice in the list of

> upgradable packages in my daily "emerge -uDNp world".

> Can someone help?

Let the thing build overnight. Tomorrow morning it will accede to your wishes

and start to shut up.

"emerge --reinstall changed-use" also looks worth investigating

--

alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

I cheated :P

I manually edited /var/db/pkg/app-office/openoffice-3.0.0/IUSE adding "templates", and now it does not ask me for reinstall anymore.*

That saved me a lot of time, energy and disk consumption

Old 10-15-2008, 10:03 AM
"Jean-Marc Beaune"

Hi,
*
I finished by emerging openoffice-bin instead, takes much less time.
*
Actually now I use google documents...

Old 10-15-2008, 12:46 PM
"Andrea Momesso"