Old 10-14-2008, 03:31 PM
"Paul Hartman"

Default Alt-O behavior in midnight commander (mc) has changed

Hi,

At some point not very recently, the behavior of Alt-O in Midnight
Commander (mc) has changed. It used to switch the opposite panel to
the same directory as the current panel. Now, it switches the opposite
panel to the parent directory of the current panel. I kept waiting for
it to switch back after some update, but it never has. I'm not sure at
which update it changed, but it has been several months now, I think.

Is there anyone who experiences this besides me? Is it something I
need to edit (termcap? key bindings? I dunno)

I'm using mc-4.6.2_pre1 with USE flags "X gpm nls samba unicode"

Thanks

Old 10-25-2008, 01:32 AM
"Paul Hartman"

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 10:31 AM, Paul Hartman
<paul.hartman+gentoo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At some point not very recently, the behavior of Alt-O in Midnight
> Commander (mc) has changed. It used to switch the opposite panel to
> the same directory as the current panel. Now, it switches the opposite
> panel to the parent directory of the current panel. I kept waiting for
> it to switch back after some update, but it never has. I'm not sure at
> which update it changed, but it has been several months now, I think.
>
> Is there anyone who experiences this besides me? Is it something I
> need to edit (termcap? key bindings? I dunno)
>
> I'm using mc-4.6.2_pre1 with USE flags "X gpm nls samba unicode"
>
> Thanks

So, it turns out I was just using the wrong key the whole time. Alt-o
switches to the currently /selected/ directory, but Alt-i switches to
the currently /active/ directory. Oops!

Paul