Old 10-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Grant Edwards

Default Networking broke after update: We only hotplug for ethernet interfaces

My last "emerge -auvND world" appears to have broken the
networking setup on my machine.

I use tun/tap networking in order to allow Qemu virtual
machines to show up on the network, so my /etc/conf.d/net looks
like this:

bridge_br0="eth0"

config_br0=( "dhcp" )
dhcpcd_br0=( "-L" )
config_eth0=( "null" )

# To be able to access internet on current machine
depend_br0() {
need net.eth0
}

That has worked fine for ages, but now when my system starts up
it says:

rc.scripts: rc-scripts: We only hotplug for ethernet interfaces.

And then the br0 interface is disabled (leaving the machine
disconnected from the network).

Is hotplug now broken so that it can't be used the way it used
to?

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! Is this TERMINAL fun?
at