Old 10-12-2008, 06:25 AM
Dale

Default Portage and fetch restrictions

Hi,

I noticed that portage stops when it runs into a package like java that
has a fetch restriction. I use the -f option a lot and it used to keep
fetching then print at the end that a file was not downloaded. Is this
a bug or is there a reason for this? I sort of liked the old fashioned
way. At least that way it downloads everything but that one file.
Right now, it stops at 92 of 887 which leaves a lot left to download.

sys-apps/portage-2.2_rc12 is what I am using.

Thanks

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 10-12-2008, 07:51 AM
Graham Murray

Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com> writes:

> I noticed that portage stops when it runs into a package like java that
> has a fetch restriction. I use the -f option a lot and it used to keep
> fetching then print at the end that a file was not downloaded. Is this
> a bug or is there a reason for this? I sort of liked the old fashioned
> way. At least that way it downloads everything but that one file.
> Right now, it stops at 92 of 887 which leaves a lot left to download.
>
> sys-apps/portage-2.2_rc12 is what I am using.

Are you using the --keep-going flag?

Old 10-12-2008, 09:29 AM
Dale

Graham Murray wrote:
> Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com> writes:
>

>> I noticed that portage stops when it runs into a package like java that
>> has a fetch restriction. I use the -f option a lot and it used to keep
>> fetching then print at the end that a file was not downloaded. Is this
>> a bug or is there a reason for this? I sort of liked the old fashioned
>> way. At least that way it downloads everything but that one file.
>> Right now, it stops at 92 of 887 which leaves a lot left to download.
>>
>> sys-apps/portage-2.2_rc12 is what I am using.
>>

> Are you using the --keep-going flag?

Nope. I will now tho. I knew they wouldn't stick us with something
like this on purpose.

Thanks

Dale

:-) :-)