Old 10-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Alex Schuster

Default expat... once again

Hi there!

Yes, there are still gentoo machines out there running libexpat-1, and I
am upgrading one now. I survived several of those upgrades yet, but those
were PCs I had better access to, and where a huge revdep-rebuild was no
big problem.

But this machine here is slow, and I do not have powerful distcc hosts for
it. And it is powered off in the night. But it should come up back and be
able to be used.

Couldn't I just save /usr/lib/libexpat.* before upgrading libexpat, start
revdep-rebuild, and put the old libraries back, so all applications stil
have their libraries until revdep-rebuild has finished?.

Wonko