Old 10-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Alan McKinnon

Default Replacements for ivman

I'm looking into ivman and pmount for automounting amongst other things while
using e17.

ivman was last updated Feb 2007 according to the official sourceforge page,
and the maintainer is listed as "????". 18 months is a long time, so this
package looks like it's unmaintained.

Is there a replacement for ivman? Or is this function best done by hal itself?
Should I be reading the hal man pages instead of posting to a user list?

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 10-11-2008, 12:59 PM
Florian Philipp

Alan McKinnon schrieb:
> I'm looking into ivman and pmount for automounting amongst other things while
> using e17.
>
> ivman was last updated Feb 2007 according to the official sourceforge page,
> and the maintainer is listed as "????". 18 months is a long time, so this
> package looks like it's unmaintained.
>
> Is there a replacement for ivman? Or is this function best done by hal itself?
> Should I be reading the hal man pages instead of posting to a user list?

I'm not familiar with e17 or ivman but how about using a lightweight
file manager with mount support like thunar (thunar-volman) or pcmanfm?

Old 10-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Dirk Heinrichs

Am Samstag, 11. Oktober 2008 13:24:03 schrieb Alan McKinnon:

> Is there a replacement for ivman?

What exactly do you do with it, which filesystems do you mount with it?

Bye...

Dirk