Old 10-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Neil Bothwick

Default KDE 4.1.2... a winner!

On Tue, 7 Oct 2008 08:44:46 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:

> > emerge autounmask
> > autounmask kde-meta
>
> When I tried that just now I got this (blank lines pruned):
>
> # autounmask kde-meta
> autounmask version 0.21 (using PortageXS-0.02.07 and portage-2.2_rc11)
> * Using repositories:
> /usr/portage
> /usr/local/portage
> * The given category/package-version does not seem to exist.

Because you haven't given a category/package-version, just the package
name. I did the same because it's been a while since I used this.

autounmask kde-base/kde-meta-4.1.2

--
Neil Bothwick

"A snooze button is a poor substitute for no alarm clock at all."

Old 10-07-2008, 07:03 PM

> ======= On Tuesday 07 October 2008, davidvoge@googlemail.com wrote: =======
> ..
>
> > KDE-4.1.2 is running good, too.
>
> BTW, have Gentoo KDE maintainers any plans/politics wrt KDE4 unmasking for
> ~archs? 4.2?

in package.mask is wrote:
# KDE 4.1.2 ebuilds from the kde overlay are going to enter the tree.
# Masked to avoid problems on sync. Currently fixing some kde3 / kde4
# mixing issues before unmasking.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Andrew Gaydenko

======= On Tuesday 07 October 2008, davidvoge@googlemail.com wrote: =======
> > ======= On Tuesday 07 October 2008, davidvoge@googlemail.com wrote:
> > ======= ..
> >
> > > KDE-4.1.2 is running good, too.
> >
> > BTW, have Gentoo KDE maintainers any plans/politics wrt KDE4 unmasking
> > for ~archs? 4.2?
>
> in package.mask is wrote:
> # KDE 4.1.2 ebuilds from the kde overlay are going to enter the tree.
> # Masked to avoid problems on sync. Currently fixing some kde3 / kde4
> # mixing issues before unmasking.

Thanks!

I have found another KDE app which is important sufficiently to delay
switching to KDE4 - the app is k3b, which still isn't ported. If I
understand well, there isn't any minimal apps list (and k3b, would be in
the list, I think) which must be ported to KDE4 before unmasking KDE4 in
portage. Is it so?

Old 10-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Erik Hahn

On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 11:13:33PM +0400, Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
> I have found another KDE app which is important sufficiently to delay
> switching to KDE4 - the app is k3b, which still isn't ported. If I
> understand well, there isn't any minimal apps list (and k3b, would be in
> the list, I think) which must be ported to KDE4 before unmasking KDE4 in
> portage. Is it so?

Why should there be one? The fact k3b isn't ported yet doesn't break any
other KDE package.

-Erik

--
hackerkey://v4sw5hw2ln3pr5ck0ma2u7LwXm4l7Gi2e2t4b7Ken4/7a16s0r1p-5.62/-6.56g5OR

Old 10-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Andrew Gaydenko

======= On Tuesday 07 October 2008, Erik Hahn wrote: =======
> On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 11:13:33PM +0400, Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
> > I have found another KDE app which is important sufficiently to delay
> > switching to KDE4 - the app is k3b, which still isn't ported. If I
> > understand well, there isn't any minimal apps list (and k3b, would be
> > in the list, I think) which must be ported to KDE4 before unmasking
> > KDE4 in portage. Is it so?
>
> Why should there be one? The fact k3b isn't ported yet doesn't break any
> other KDE package.
>
> -Erik

Say, at upgrading to new gcc version there is a list of issues which must be
resolved to treat such upgrade completed. I have supposed something similar
exists for KDE4 also.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:53 AM
Alan McKinnon

On Tuesday 07 October 2008 21:56:58 Erik Hahn wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 11:13:33PM +0400, Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
> > I have found another KDE app which is important sufficiently to delay
> > switching to KDE4 - the app is k3b, which still isn't ported. If I
> > understand well, there isn't any minimal apps list (and k3b, would be in
> > the list, I think) which must be ported to KDE4 before unmasking KDE4 in
> > portage. Is it so?
>
> Why should there be one? The fact k3b isn't ported yet doesn't break any
> other KDE package.
>
> -Erik

What makes you think k3b should be in the list at all?

It's not a critical app, just a nice convenient one.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 10-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Andrew Gaydenko

======= On Wednesday 08 October 2008, Alan McKinnon wrote: =======
> On Tuesday 07 October 2008 21:56:58 Erik Hahn wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 11:13:33PM +0400, Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
> > > I have found another KDE app which is important sufficiently to delay
> > > switching to KDE4 - the app is k3b, which still isn't ported. If I
> > > understand well, there isn't any minimal apps list (and k3b, would be
> > > in the list, I think) which must be ported to KDE4 before unmasking
> > > KDE4 in portage. Is it so?
> >
> > Why should there be one? The fact k3b isn't ported yet doesn't break
> > any other KDE package.
> >
> > -Erik
>
> What makes you think k3b should be in the list at all?
>
> It's not a critical app, just a nice convenient one.

I don't say "should", and at any way don't claim - just am interesting in
Gentoo team' rules in use :-)

Old 10-08-2008, 11:03 AM
Peter Humphrey

On Tuesday 07 October 2008 16:14:12 Neil Bothwick wrote:

> [...] you haven't given a category/package-version, just the package
> name. I did the same because it's been a while since I used this.
>
> autounmask kde-base/kde-meta-4.1.2

Of course. Thanks.

--
Rgds
Peter

Old 10-08-2008, 04:17 PM
"Paul Hartman"

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Andrew Gaydenko <a@gaydenko.com> wrote:
> I have found another KDE app which is important sufficiently to delay
> switching to KDE4 - the app is k3b, which still isn't ported. If I
> understand well, there isn't any minimal apps list (and k3b, would be in
> the list, I think) which must be ported to KDE4 before unmasking KDE4 in
> portage. Is it so?

I thought there was a KDE4 version of k3b on the kdesvn-portage
overlay. I haven't tried it but I'm pretty sure it is there. According
to the k3b blog initial porting was done in May.

Paul

Old 10-08-2008, 05:35 PM
Dirk Heinrichs

Am Mittwoch, 8. Oktober 2008 19:40:25 schrieb b.n.:

> Does k3b 3.5 run happily under kde4?

As happily as under fvwm, or gnustep, or xfce, or...

It doesn't matter on which desktop it runs as long as it finds its libs.

Oh, btw. the last version 1.0.5, not 3.5.

Bye...

Dirk