Old 10-05-2008, 04:40 AM
Albert Hopkins

Default gnome menu question

[...]

http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/latest/

Old 10-05-2008, 01:54 PM
David Relson

On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 00:40:56 -0400
Albert Hopkins wrote:

> On Sat, 2008-10-04 at 23:29 -0400, David Relson wrote:
> [...]
> > Can somebody please explain how the gnome main menu is built, where
> > it resides, and how to force a rebuild?
>
> http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/latest/

The link to the Desktop Menu Specification is appreciated. However
it's not helpful from a practical standpoint. My gnome main menu is
missing entries to some installed applications and has entries for some
applications that aren't installed. I'm looking for the tool that will
find menu information created during emerge and will update gnome
appropriately. What is the tool???