Old 10-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Andrew Gaydenko

Default Some KDE apps under KDE4 stability

Hi!

I have notice KDE 4.1.2 ebuilds were added to the official protage tree
(still masked though). I'm interested in most brave KDE users' opinions wrt
some concrete KDE apps' stability under KDE4 (in order of importance):

KMail (without IMAP using)
Krusader 2.x (core, without 'Useractions')
Phonon (working with ALSA/hdsp)
Amarok 2.x (dealing with local files only)
Konsole (he-he :-) )
Kima applet
KNetLoad applet (if it works at all)
KSysGuard

And I'm not interested in other rather classic desktop (I mean I'm not going
to use compiz and such ruches).

Andrew

Old 10-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

On Samstag 04 Oktober 2008, Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have notice KDE 4.1.2 ebuilds were added to the official protage tree
> (still masked though). I'm interested in most brave KDE users' opinions wrt
> some concrete KDE apps' stability under KDE4 (in order of importance):
>
> KMail (without IMAP using)

works without any problems.

> Krusader 2.x (core, without 'Useractions')

don't know

> Phonon (working with ALSA/hdsp)

works well

> Amarok 2.x (dealing with local files only)

stay with amarok 1.4 ....

> Konsole (he-he :-) )

no problems there. But you might want to change some default settings to get
the 'open tab' and 'close tab' buttons back

> Kima applet

doesn't exist

> KNetLoad applet (if it works at all)

don't even know if it exists.

for the two above: there are countless plasmoids, just look around.

> KSysGuard

works.

> And I'm not interested in other rather classic desktop (I mean I'm not
> going to use compiz and such ruches).

why compiz? kde 4.1 has rather nice effects build in (which can be turned off
easily in systemsettings).

Old 10-04-2008, 03:28 PM
Andrew Gaydenko

Volker, thanks!

======= On Saturday 04 October 2008, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote: =======
> > Kima applet
>
> doesn't exist
>
> > KNetLoad applet (if it works at all)
>
> don't even know if it exists.
>

> for the two above: there are countless plasmoids, just look around.

As far as I have not KDE 4 installed, I can not look around yet :-)

> > And I'm not interested in other rather classic desktop (I mean I'm not
> > going to use compiz and such ruches).
>
> why compiz? kde 4.1 has rather nice effects build in (which can be turned
> off easily in systemsettings).

I mean multiple debates about KDE 4 and video-drivers.

Andrew