Old 10-03-2008, 06:34 AM
Zhang Weiwu

Default how to use fonts installed in the printer

Hello. Years ago when I was using Windows there are several fonts always
have a printer symbol with them, if I use these fonts, says the Windows
manual, they are printed using the font installed in the printer. These
fonts are usable in almost all applications, e.g. Word Pad (before was
"writer") and MS Word.

My impression was, using the fonts installed on the printer would result
faster printing and use less memory. My office LaserJet also has several
embedded fonts, can I use them in OpenOffice and Firefox? How?

I googled but "embedded printer fonts" always gets me articles on how to
embed fonts into PS file or PDF file so they can be properly printed in
any printer, which is a separate topic.