Old 10-02-2008, 04:14 PM
James

Default streaming multicast to vlc

All,

I'm trying to watch a multicast stream on my Gentoo box using VLC.
I've compiled VLC with the flags shown at the VLC website. However,
when I try to watch a stream a window the video never appears.

- I've enabled multicast in the Kernel; a wireshark capture indicates
an IGMP join request is being sent.
- I've added a route out of the appropriate ethernet interface
- I've forced IGMP v2 with no success

This works fine on Ubuntu and Fedora, so I'm unsure what I may be missing.

Thoughts?
-j

Old 10-03-2008, 01:03 PM
James