-   -   CUPS can't print (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/169264-cups-cant-print.html)

maxim wexler 10-01-2008 07:31 PM

CUPS can't print

Hi group,

This printer, HP Laserjet 4 plus, works fine in WinXP. According to localhost:631 the printer was set up successfully but when I tried to print a test page the printer made some whirring noise then stopped and went off-line. In the LED readout on the printer it says: PC Load H4. According to the error log the job was "completed successfully".

The printer does not appear in dmesg but according to the gentoo printing howto this is not critical. I'm using cups-1.3.7-r1.

Any help appreciated

Maxim

Alan McKinnon 10-01-2008 07:47 PM

CUPS can't print

On Wednesday 01 October 2008 21:31:42 maxim wexler wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> This printer, HP Laserjet 4 plus, works fine in WinXP.

hplip?

In my experience vast ranges of HP's troublesome printers JustWork(tm) when
you throw net-print/hplip at the problem

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Stroller 10-02-2008 08:51 AM

CUPS can't print