Old 09-29-2008, 03:39 AM

Default Meta-Offtopic: Dualcore lost

Hi,

I have a meta-offtopic question:
Usually I get sources for Blender from the SVN, recompile
it and VOILA!: The newest Blender.

Then, from one day to another, my blender built lost the abillity
to use both cores of my CPU. I posted this on a blender forum and
others dont have the same problem with the same svn snapshot.

Now I am searching for a reason, while blender suddenly works without
problems but only with one core. Everything else (as far as enabled)
use both cores.

What can be the reason for such a behaviour?
I did not change the way of building blender...

Any suggestions are very appreciated.
Thank you very much in advance!
Kdin regards,
mcc

Old 09-29-2008, 07:44 AM
Stroller

Then, from one day to another, my blender built lost the abillity
to use both cores of my CPU. I posted this on a blender forum and
others dont have the same problem with the same svn snapshot.

It might be worth running genlop to see if any Gentoo-installed
libraries used by blender might have changed in that time.

Stroller.