Old 09-27-2008, 09:37 PM
"Kevin O'Gorman"

Default SOLVED: Openoffice dies on startup

BOTTOM LINE (even though it's at the top)
It appears openoffice-bin depends on some things that are not marked
in the ebuild.

My attempt to compile openoffice (not bin) failed due to disk space,
but not until about
8 dependencies had been compiled. Openoffice-bin had not pulled them in.
I never did complete the compile. I trimmed distfiles and packages
and in other ways
got up to 12 GB free space and emerged openoffice-bin. It runs fine now.

This is not proof for various reasons, but I suspect the additional
dependencies did
the trick. Or maybe it was disk space. Not much else changed.

++ kevin

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD

Old 09-29-2008, 01:49 AM
Iain Buchanan

Kevin O'Gorman wrote:

BOTTOM LINE (even though it's at the top)
It appears openoffice-bin depends on some things that are not marked
in the ebuild.

please try and remove (one by one) the extra packages that you installed
for openoffice source. (It's only 8, so it shouldn't take too long).

In between each "emerge -C" see if openoffice-bin still works.

If you find it stops working at some point, please file a missing
dependency bug!

If you unmerge all 8 packages, and openoffice-bin still works, then it
was probably disk space related.

Thanks,

It is far more impressive when others discover your good qualities
without your help.

-- Miss Manners