Old 09-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Robin Atwood

Default Howto use user CSS with Firefox?

Many web sites are badly designed in that that they hard-code text input
fields with a black font but inherit the background colour from your desktop,
so if you have a suitably Gothic light-on-dark colour scheme you cannot read
your input. I have solved this with KDE Konqueror by supplying a user css
page but, for those occasions when you have to use it, I want to do the same
thing with Firefox. A quick google reveals the presence of userContent.css in
your profile, so I added my rules, eg,

html->body {
background-color: white;
color: black;
}

input {
background-color: #E1E7FD;
color: black;
}

but it makes absolutely no difference. Anybody had any luck with this?

TIA
-Robin

Old 09-27-2008, 05:25 PM
"Ward Poelmans"

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 19:09, Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@attglobal.net> wrote:
> but it makes absolutely no difference. Anybody had any luck with this?

try Greasemonkey?

Ward

Old 09-27-2008, 08:07 PM
"Hilco Wijbenga"

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 10:09, Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@attglobal.net> wrote:
> Many web sites are badly designed in that that they hard-code text input
> fields with a black font but inherit the background colour from your desktop,
> so if you have a suitably Gothic light-on-dark colour scheme you cannot read
> your input. I have solved this with KDE Konqueror by supplying a user css
> page but, for those occasions when you have to use it, I want to do the same
> thing with Firefox. A quick google reveals the presence of userContent.css in
> your profile, so I added my rules, eg,
>
> html->body {
> background-color: white;
> color: black;
> }
>
> input {
> background-color: #E1E7FD;
> color: black;
> }
>
> but it makes absolutely no difference. Anybody had any luck with this?

Have you looked at Preferences --> Content --> Fonts & Colors -->
Colors...? Uncheck the "Allows pages ..." and set your own
preferences. I've never used it but it looks like it might help.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:16 PM
»Q«

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 00:09:00 +0700
Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@attglobal.net> wrote:

> I have solved this with KDE Konqueror by supplying a user css
> page but, for those occasions when you have to use it, I want to do
> the same thing with Firefox.

You can use userContent.css for it after you google some documentation,
but it's easier to just use the Stylish extension to manage user css.

<http://userstyles.org/stylish/>.

--
»Q«
Kleeneness is next to Gödelness.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:59 AM
Robin Atwood

On Sunday 28 Sep 2008, Hilco Wijbenga wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 10:09, Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@attglobal.net>
wrote:
> > Many web sites are badly designed in that that they hard-code text input
> > fields with a black font but inherit the background colour from your
> > desktop, so if you have a suitably Gothic light-on-dark colour scheme you
> > cannot read your input. I have solved this with KDE Konqueror by
> > supplying a user css page but, for those occasions when you have to use
> > it, I want to do the same thing with Firefox. A quick google reveals the
> > presence of userContent.css in your profile, so I added my rules, eg,
> >
> > html->body {
> > background-color: white;
> > color: black;
> > }
> >
> > input {
> > background-color: #E1E7FD;
> > color: black;
> > }
> >
> > but it makes absolutely no difference. Anybody had any luck with this?
>
> Have you looked at Preferences --> Content --> Fonts & Colors -->
> Colors...? Uncheck the "Allows pages ..." and set your own
> preferences. I've never used it but it looks like it might help.

I tried that but the rest of the page becomes very white!
Cheers..
-Robin
Robin Atwood, Bangkok, Thailand.
tel/fax: +66 2252 1438
mobile: +66 851 322487
MSN: robin@binro.org
Skype: abend922
Yahoo: abend922

Old 09-28-2008, 12:00 PM
Robin Atwood

On Sunday 28 Sep 2008, »Q« wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 00:09:00 +0700
>
> Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@attglobal.net> wrote:
> > I have solved this with KDE Konqueror by supplying a user css
> > page but, for those occasions when you have to use it, I want to do
> > the same thing with Firefox.
>
> You can use userContent.css for it after you google some documentation,
> but it's easier to just use the Stylish extension to manage user css.
>
> <http://userstyles.org/stylish/>.

Thanks, I will try it out.
-Robin