Old 09-27-2008, 10:32 AM
Tamer Higazi

Default ... format elf32-i386 ... to format elf64-x86-64 not supported!

Hi people!
I am about to solve a problem compiling fritz wlan usb package natively
on 64 bit linux. Can somebody help me?!

I receive the error message on the machine:

ld: Relocatable linking with relocations from format elf32-i386
(/tmp/lib/fritz//fwlanusb-lib.o) to format elf64-x86-64
(/home/tamer/fritz/src/fwlanusb.o) is not supported

How am I able to solve this?! I looked in the kernel configuration where
the setting "elf32" bit support for non 64 bit libraries is enabled.

For any advise, I would thank you kindly.

Tamer Higazi