Old 09-26-2008, 08:30 PM
Denis

Default openoffice-2.4.1 complaining about Java Runtime Environment

The Open Office seems to run ok, but at start-up, I get the following message:

javaldx: Could not find a Java Runtime Environment!

I tried putting JRE in my PATH, just in case, but that didn't seem to
help... Anyone know a resolution to this?

Old 09-26-2008, 08:37 PM
"Canek Peláez Valdés"

Open OpenOffice.org, go to Tools -> Options -> Java and select an installed JDK.

Presto.

--
Canek Peláez Valdés
Facultad de Ciencias, UNAM

Old 09-26-2008, 08:43 PM
Denis

> Open OpenOffice.org, go to Tools -> Options -> Java and select an installed JDK.

I tried selecting /opt/sun-jdk-1.5.0.16/jre/bin but it will not take
it! Where is JRE installed then?