Old 09-26-2008, 08:36 AM
Helmut Jarausch

Default unofficial ebuilds - how to find

Hi,

is there some repository or similar thing to find unofficial ebuilds.
Currently I'm looking for an ebuild for gcc svn version or a recent
gcc-4.4.0 snapshot.

Many thanks for a hint,

Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
RWTH - Aachen University
D 52056 Aachen, Germany

Old 09-26-2008, 08:42 AM
"Daniel Pielmeier"

google "gcc svn ebuild" -> http://gentoo-overlays.zugaina.org/ ->
http://overlays.gentoo.org/dev/dirtyepic :-)

Old 09-26-2008, 09:24 AM
David Sveningsson

Daniel Pielmeier skrev:
> 2008/9/26 Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@igpm.rwth-aachen.de>:
>> is there some repository or similar thing to find unofficial ebuilds.
>> Currently I'm looking for an ebuild for gcc svn version or a recent
>> gcc-4.4.0 snapshot.
>
> google "gcc svn ebuild" -> http://gentoo-overlays.zugaina.org/ ->
> http://overlays.gentoo.org/dev/dirtyepic :-)

Also take a look at layman which has an overlay called toolchain which
includes gcc-4.4 ebuilds but also many other related ebuilds you might
be interested in.

--

//*David Sveningsson [eXt]*

Freelance coder | Game Development Student
http://sidvind.com

Thou shalt make thy program's purpose and structure clear to thy fellow
man by using the One True Brace Style, even if thou likest it not, for
thy creativity is better used in solving problems than in creating
beautiful new impediments to understanding.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:25 AM
Justin

Helmut Jarausch schrieb:

Hi,

is there some repository or similar thing to find unofficial ebuilds.
Currently I'm looking for an ebuild for gcc svn version or a recent
gcc-4.4.0 snapshot.

Many thanks for a hint,

Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
RWTH - Aachen University
D 52056 Aachen, Germany

Or simple:

update-eix-remote update && eix -e gcc

Old 09-26-2008, 09:41 AM
Neil Bothwick

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 10:36:11 +0200 (CEST), Helmut Jarausch wrote:

> is there some repository or similar thing to find unofficial ebuilds.

There are various overlays, install layman and run layman -L to see them
all. You can also find ebuilds on Bugzilla.

--
Neil Bothwick

"Have you lived in this village all your life?"
"No, not yet."