Old 09-24-2008, 01:58 PM
James

Default webdav + foxmarks

All,

I am trying to set up Foxmarks to use my Apache webdav implementation
to store my Firefox bookmarks. Unfortunately when Foxmarks tries to
upload the appropriate files to the webserver it fails and I then see
the following message in my Apache error_log:

[Tue Sep 23 21:38:23 2008] [error] [client 10.2.6.2] client denied by
server configuration: /var/webdav

My Apache webdav configuration is shown below:

<IfModule mod_dav.c>

Alias /dav /var/webdav
DavMinTimeout 600
<Directory /dav>
Options None
Dav On

AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all

<Limit GET PUT POST DELETE PROPFIND PROPPATCH MKCOL
COPY MOVE LOCK UNLOCK>
AuthType Basic
AuthName "WebDav Restricted Repository"
AuthUserFile /var/webdav/.davpasswd
Require valid-user
</Limit>
</Directory>

</IfModule>

Thoughts?
-j

Old 09-24-2008, 03:20 PM
ert256

[ 24.09.2008 15:58 ], James :
> All,
>
> I am trying to set up Foxmarks to use my Apache webdav implementation
> to store my Firefox bookmarks. Unfortunately when Foxmarks tries to
> upload the appropriate files to the webserver it fails and I then see
> the following message in my Apache error_log:
>
> [Tue Sep 23 21:38:23 2008] [error] [client 10.2.6.2] client denied by
> server configuration: /var/webdav
>
> My Apache webdav configuration is shown below:
>

> <IfModule mod_dav.c>
>
> Alias /dav /var/webdav
> DavMinTimeout 600
> <Directory /dav>
> Options None
> Dav On
>
> AllowOverride None
> Order allow,deny
> Allow from all
>
> <Limit GET PUT POST DELETE PROPFIND PROPPATCH MKCOL
> COPY MOVE LOCK UNLOCK>
> AuthType Basic
> AuthName "WebDav Restricted Repository"
> AuthUserFile /var/webdav/.davpasswd
> Require valid-user
> </Limit>
> </Directory>
>
> </IfModule>
Maybe You need
<directory /var/webdav>
Allow from all
</directory>
--
Rafał (ert16) Trójniak
m@il : ert256@gmail.com

Old 09-24-2008, 09:46 PM
James

Rafal,

The Allow from all statement is already in the webdav directive.

Other thoughts?

-j

Old 09-26-2008, 04:00 PM
James

Any other thoughts?

-j

Old 09-26-2008, 07:55 PM
Mick

On Friday 26 September 2008, James wrote:
> Any other thoughts?

> > On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 11:20 AM, ert256 <ert256@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> [ 24.09.2008 15:58 ], James :
[snip...]

As long as Foxmarks are not using iCal format, change the AllowOverride above
from None to All and try again.

HTH.
Mick

Old 09-26-2008, 08:11 PM
Xav'

James a écrit :

Rafal,

The Allow from all statement is already in the webdav directive.

Yes maybe you have to listen to Rafal... Your directory statement is
related to de /dav directory, if you want to apply to the Alias /dav,
you have to write <Location /dav>... Just try to replace <Directory
/dav> with <Directory /var/webdav> and just look... and apologize

HTH.

Xav'

Other thoughts?

-j

Old 09-26-2008, 08:45 PM
James

Then what is the "Alias" directive for?

This was copied and pasted from the Wiki.

-j

--
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and
quick to anger."

Old 09-27-2008, 08:02 AM
Xav'

James a écrit :

Then what is the "Alias" directive for?

This was copied and pasted from the Wiki.

The Alias Directive is to allow you to access to your /var/webdav
directory through /dav request on your server, for example, if your
server hostname is www.webdav.com, you'll access to your /var/webdav
directory trought www.webdav.com/dav ...

HTH

Xav'