Old 09-22-2008, 12:46 PM
Roy Wright

Default How to unmerge kde 4.1?

Howdy,

Trying to switch from kde-portage to kde-testing overlays did not
progress well. What I'd like to do to recover is unmerge all the kde
4.1 stuff and start over. Does anyone know a simple way (maybe a
script) to do this? As far as I'm concerned, I'd really like to unmerge
everything installed from the overlay.

Thank you,
Roy

Old 09-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Dale

Roy Wright wrote:

Howdy,

Trying to switch from kde-portage to kde-testing overlays did not
progress well. What I'd like to do to recover is unmerge all the kde
4.1 stuff and start over. Does anyone know a simple way (maybe a
script) to do this? As far as I'm concerned, I'd really like to unmerge
everything installed from the overlay.

Thank you,
Roy

Since KDE 4 is still masked, I would think you could remove the keyword
and unmask files then do a --depclean. I would also do a -p with that
just in case.

It's just a thought.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 09-22-2008, 01:56 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Monday 22 September 2008 14:46:36 Roy Wright wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Trying to switch from kde-portage to kde-testing overlays did not
> progress well. What I'd like to do to recover is unmerge all the kde
> 4.1 stuff and start over. Does anyone know a simple way (maybe a
> script) to do this? As far as I'm concerned, I'd really like to unmerge
> everything installed from the overlay.
>
> Thank you,
> Roy

Edit your world file and remove all kde stuff with a 4.1 SLOT

emerge --depclean

then adapt package.{keywords,unamsk} and emerge the kde you do want

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 09-22-2008, 02:07 PM
Roy Wright

Dale wrote:
> Since KDE 4 is still masked, I would think you could remove the keyword
> and unmask files then do a --depclean. I would also do a -p with that
> just in case.
>
> It's just a thought.
>
> Dale
>
> :-) :-)

Ah, that triggered a memory and with a little checking found a problem.
When kde-portage overlay was used, I had added a symlink:

package.unmask # ls -l
total 8
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 77 2008-08-31 18:00 kdesvn ->
/usr/portage/local/layman/kdesvn-portage/Documentation/portage/package.unmask

which is no longer available in kde-testing overlay:

package.unmask # ls /usr/portage/local/layman/kde-testing/Documentation/
kde-guide.xml package.keywords README TODO

Same for package.keywords

Off to try to discover what it's all been changed to...

Thank you,
Roy

Old 09-22-2008, 03:38 PM
"Paul Hartman"

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 7:46 AM, Roy Wright <roy@wright.org> wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Trying to switch from kde-portage to kde-testing overlays did not
> progress well. What I'd like to do to recover is unmerge all the kde
> 4.1 stuff and start over. Does anyone know a simple way (maybe a
> script) to do this? As far as I'm concerned, I'd really like to unmerge
> everything installed from the overlay.

Unmerge the packages you specifically merged (kde-meta:4.1 perhaps;
whichever packages are in your world file) then run depclean. That's
how I do it.

Paul

Old 09-22-2008, 03:43 PM
s3b4sm4gr1

2008/9/23 Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@gmail.com>

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 7:46 AM, Roy Wright <roy@wright.org> wrote:

> Howdy,

> Trying to switch from kde-portage to kde-testing overlays did not

> progress well. *What I'd like to do to recover is unmerge all the kde

> 4.1 stuff and start over. *Does anyone know a simple way (maybe a

> script) to do this? *As far as I'm concerned, I'd really like to unmerge

> everything installed from the overlay.

Unmerge the packages you specifically merged (kde-meta:4.1 perhaps;

whichever packages are in your world file) then run depclean. That's

how I do it.

Paul

cd to the kdesvn overlay in every category and emerge --unmerge *, then cleanup your portage configuration files.. You can always make sure all is fine by running depclean and then revdep-rebuild...

--
En el pasado creímos que se nos acababa
el petróleo, pero en realidad lo que se nos

53:04:4e:b5:f9:7e:4a:fb:66:a2:19:12:da:d5:97:f8
8A3A C955 715D D88A 87CD E21F F827 ADD7 F589 B4A4
Sebastian Magrí (sebasmagri) <sebasmagri_at_gmail_dot_com>