FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-22-2008, 07:48 AM
Mick
 
Default app-crypt/qca blocker

Initially portage informed me about:

[blocks B] <app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3 (is blocking app-crypt/qca-2.0.0-r2)

So, I unmerged <app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3 and emerged app-crypt/qca-2.0.0-r2. Now
it seems kopete won't compile without app-crypt/qca-1.0-r2:
===============================================
# emerge -upDv kopete

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild NS ] app-crypt/qca-1.0-r2 0 kB
[ebuild N ] kde-base/kopete-3.5.9 USE="addbookmarks alias autoreplace
connectionstatus contactnotes crypt gadu highlight history irc jingle
nowlistening sametime slp sms ssl statistics texteffect webpresence winpopup
xscreensaver
yahoo -arts -debug -groupwise -kdeenablefinal -kdehiddenvisibility -latex -netmeeting -translator -xinerama"
0 kB
[blocks B ] <app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3 (is blocking app-crypt/qca-2.0.0-r2)

Total: 2 packages (1 new, 1 in new slot, 1 block), Size of downloads: 0 kB
===============================================

What is the elegant way out of this?
--
Regards,
Mick
 
Old 09-22-2008, 08:02 AM
 
Default app-crypt/qca blocker

Simply unmask app-crypt/qca-1.0-r4
================
Momesso Andrea
================

-----Original Message-----
From: Mick <michaelkintzios@gmail.com>

Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 08:48:57
To: <gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org>
Subject: [gentoo-user] app-crypt/qca blocker


Initially portage informed me about:

[blocks B] <app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3 (is blocking app-crypt/qca-2.0.0-r2)

So, I unmerged <app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3 and emerged app-crypt/qca-2.0.0-r2. Now
it seems kopete won't compile without app-crypt/qca-1.0-r2:
===============================================
# emerge -upDv kopete

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild NS ] app-crypt/qca-1.0-r2 0 kB
[ebuild N ] kde-base/kopete-3.5.9 USE="addbookmarks alias autoreplace
connectionstatus contactnotes crypt gadu highlight history irc jingle
nowlistening sametime slp sms ssl statistics texteffect webpresence winpopup
xscreensaver
yahoo -arts -debug -groupwise -kdeenablefinal -kdehiddenvisibility -latex -netmeeting -translator -xinerama"
0 kB
[blocks B ] <app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3 (is blocking app-crypt/qca-2.0.0-r2)

Total: 2 packages (1 new, 1 in new slot, 1 block), Size of downloads: 0 kB
===============================================

What is the elegant way out of this?
--
Regards,
Mick
 
Old 09-22-2008, 08:04 AM
Alan McKinnon
 
Default app-crypt/qca blocker

On Monday 22 September 2008 09:48:57 Mick wrote:
> Initially portage informed me about:
>
> [blocks B] <app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3 (is blocking app-crypt/qca-2.0.0-r2)
>
> So, I unmerged <app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3 and emerged app-crypt/qca-2.0.0-r2.
> Now it seems kopete won't compile without app-crypt/qca-1.0-r2:
> ===============================================
> # emerge -upDv kopete
>
> These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
>
> Calculating dependencies... done!
> [ebuild NS ] app-crypt/qca-1.0-r2 0 kB
> [ebuild N ] kde-base/kopete-3.5.9 USE="addbookmarks alias autoreplace
> connectionstatus contactnotes crypt gadu highlight history irc jingle
> nowlistening sametime slp sms ssl statistics texteffect webpresence
> winpopup xscreensaver
> yahoo -arts -debug -groupwise -kdeenablefinal -kdehiddenvisibility -latex
> -netmeeting -translator -xinerama" 0 kB
> [blocks B ] <app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3 (is blocking app-crypt/qca-2.0.0-r2)
>
> Total: 2 packages (1 new, 1 in new slot, 1 block), Size of downloads: 0 kB
> ===============================================
>
> What is the elegant way out of this?

qca is slotted. Install both qca:0 and qca:2

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
 
Old 09-22-2008, 08:11 AM
 
Default app-crypt/qca blocker

app-crypt/qca:2 won't install if app-crypt/qca:1 is inferior of app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3 that is ~ keyworded
================
Momesso Andrea
================

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@gmail.com>

Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 10:04:11
To: <gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] app-crypt/qca blocker


On Monday 22 September 2008 09:48:57 Mick wrote:
> Initially portage informed me about:
>
> [blocks B] <app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3 (is blocking app-crypt/qca-2.0.0-r2)
>
> So, I unmerged <app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3 and emerged app-crypt/qca-2.0.0-r2.
> Now it seems kopete won't compile without app-crypt/qca-1.0-r2:
> ===============================================
> # emerge -upDv kopete
>
> These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
>
> Calculating dependencies... done!
> [ebuild NS ] app-crypt/qca-1.0-r2 0 kB
> [ebuild N ] kde-base/kopete-3.5.9 USE="addbookmarks alias autoreplace
> connectionstatus contactnotes crypt gadu highlight history irc jingle
> nowlistening sametime slp sms ssl statistics texteffect webpresence
> winpopup xscreensaver
> yahoo -arts -debug -groupwise -kdeenablefinal -kdehiddenvisibility -latex
> -netmeeting -translator -xinerama" 0 kB
> [blocks B ] <app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3 (is blocking app-crypt/qca-2.0.0-r2)
>
> Total: 2 packages (1 new, 1 in new slot, 1 block), Size of downloads: 0 kB
> ===============================================
>
> What is the elegant way out of this?

qca is slotted. Install both qca:0 and qca:2

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
 
Old 09-22-2008, 09:55 AM
Dale
 
Default app-crypt/qca blocker

momesso.andrea@gmail.com wrote:

app-crypt/qca:2 won't install if app-crypt/qca:1 is inferior of app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3 that is ~ keyworded
================
Momesso Andrea
================



I posted the same thing a while ago. I have not figured out how to get
this to work either. It seems no matter what I do, it still complains.


Gone to try unmasking some stuff mentioned in another reply. Worth a shot.

Dale

:-) :-)
 
Old 09-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Dale
 
Default app-crypt/qca blocker

momesso.andrea@gmail.com wrote:
Simply unmask app-crypt/qca-1.0-r4
================

Momesso Andrea
================




Put =app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3 in your keyword and unmask file and let her rip.


root@smoker / # emerge -uvDNp world

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies * Missing digest for
'/usr/portage/x11-libs/gtk+/gtk+-2.12.12.ebuild'

... done!
[ebuild U ] sys-devel/autoconf-wrapper-5 [4-r3] 0 kB
[ebuild U ] sys-apps/net-tools-1.60_p20071202044231-r1 [1.60-r13]
USE="-nls -static" 180 kB

[ebuild U ] dev-libs/mpfr-2.3.1_p1 [2.3.1] 0 kB
[ebuild U ] sys-devel/automake-1.10.1-r1 [1.10.1] 0 kB
[ebuild U ] app-text/iso-codes-3.2 [1.5] 0 kB
[ebuild U ] sys-apps/busybox-1.11.1 [1.8.2] USE="pam static -debug
-make-symlinks -savedconfig (-selinux)" 1,880 kB

[ebuild NS ] app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3 [2.0.0-r2] 0 kB
[ebuild N ] app-crypt/qca-tls-1.0-r3 0 kB
[ebuild U ] app-text/libwpd-0.8.14 [0.8.9] USE="-doc" 415 kB

Total: 9 packages (7 upgrades, 1 new, 1 in new slot), Size of downloads:
2,474 kB

root@smoker / #

No blocks. Why didn't emerge just say it was masked/keyworded? This a
bug maybe?


Dale

:-) :-)
 
Old 09-23-2008, 05:55 PM
Daniel Iliev
 
Default app-crypt/qca blocker

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 08:48:57 +0100
Mick <michaelkintzios@gmail.com> wrote:

> Initially portage informed me about:
>
> [blocks B] <app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3 (is blocking app-crypt/qca-2.0.0-r2)
>
> So, I unmerged <app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3 and emerged
> app-crypt/qca-2.0.0-r2. Now it seems kopete won't compile without
> app-crypt/qca-1.0-r2: ===============================================
> # emerge -upDv kopete
>
> These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
>
> Calculating dependencies... done!
> [ebuild NS ] app-crypt/qca-1.0-r2 0 kB
> [ebuild N ] kde-base/kopete-3.5.9 USE="addbookmarks alias
> autoreplace connectionstatus contactnotes crypt gadu highlight
> history irc jingle nowlistening sametime slp sms ssl statistics
> texteffect webpresence winpopup xscreensaver
> yahoo -arts -debug -groupwise -kdeenablefinal -kdehiddenvisibility
> -latex -netmeeting -translator -xinerama" 0 kB
> [blocks B ] <app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3 (is blocking
> app-crypt/qca-2.0.0-r2)
>
> Total: 2 packages (1 new, 1 in new slot, 1 block), Size of downloads:
> 0 kB ===============================================
>
> What is the elegant way out of this?


The ssl support in Kopete depends on qca-tls-1*, which pulls qca-1*.
So, if you don't need ssl support in Kopete, then you could disable it
by:

echo 'kde-base/kopete -ssl' >> /etc/portage/package.use


--
Best regards,
Daniel
 
Old 09-23-2008, 10:20 PM
Nikos Chantziaras
 
Default app-crypt/qca blocker

Daniel Iliev wrote:

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 08:48:57 +0100
Mick <michaelkintzios@gmail.com> wrote:


Initially portage informed me about:

[blocks B] <app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3 (is blocking app-crypt/qca-2.0.0-r2)

So, I unmerged <app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3 and emerged
app-crypt/qca-2.0.0-r2. Now it seems kopete won't compile without
app-crypt/qca-1.0-r2: ===============================================
# emerge -upDv kopete

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild NS ] app-crypt/qca-1.0-r2 0 kB
[ebuild N ] kde-base/kopete-3.5.9 USE="addbookmarks alias

autoreplace connectionstatus contactnotes crypt gadu highlight
history irc jingle nowlistening sametime slp sms ssl statistics
texteffect webpresence winpopup xscreensaver
yahoo -arts -debug -groupwise -kdeenablefinal -kdehiddenvisibility
-latex -netmeeting -translator -xinerama" 0 kB
[blocks B ] <app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3 (is blocking

app-crypt/qca-2.0.0-r2)

Total: 2 packages (1 new, 1 in new slot, 1 block), Size of downloads:
0 kB ===============================================

What is the elegant way out of this?



The ssl support in Kopete depends on qca-tls-1*, which pulls qca-1*.
So, if you don't need ssl support in Kopete, then you could disable it
by:

echo 'kde-base/kopete -ssl' >> /etc/portage/package.use


That's wrong. The right answer is in the "Please, let me understand"
thread. That is, update to app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3, which is slotted
(app-crypt/qca-1.0-r2 is not.)
 
Old 09-24-2008, 07:06 PM
Daniel Iliev
 
Default app-crypt/qca blocker

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 01:20:13 +0300
Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@arcor.de> wrote:

> Daniel Iliev wrote:
> > On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 08:48:57 +0100
> > Mick <michaelkintzios@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Initially portage informed me about:
> >>
> >> [blocks B] <app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3 (is blocking
> >> app-crypt/qca-2.0.0-r2)
> >>
> >> So, I unmerged <app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3 and emerged
> >> app-crypt/qca-2.0.0-r2. Now it seems kopete won't compile without
> >> app-crypt/qca-1.0-r2:
> >> =============================================== # emerge -upDv
> >> kopete
> >>
> >> These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
> >>
> >> Calculating dependencies... done!
> >> [ebuild NS ] app-crypt/qca-1.0-r2 0 kB
> >> [ebuild N ] kde-base/kopete-3.5.9 USE="addbookmarks alias
> >> autoreplace connectionstatus contactnotes crypt gadu highlight
> >> history irc jingle nowlistening sametime slp sms ssl statistics
> >> texteffect webpresence winpopup xscreensaver
> >> yahoo -arts -debug -groupwise -kdeenablefinal -kdehiddenvisibility
> >> -latex -netmeeting -translator -xinerama" 0 kB
> >> [blocks B ] <app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3 (is blocking
> >> app-crypt/qca-2.0.0-r2)
> >>
> >> Total: 2 packages (1 new, 1 in new slot, 1 block), Size of
> >> downloads: 0 kB ===============================================
> >>
> >> What is the elegant way out of this?
> >
> >
> > The ssl support in Kopete depends on qca-tls-1*, which pulls qca-1*.
> > So, if you don't need ssl support in Kopete, then you could disable
> > it by:
> >
> > echo 'kde-base/kopete -ssl' >> /etc/portage/package.use
>
> That's wrong. The right answer is in the "Please, let me understand"
> thread. That is, update to app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3, which is slotted
> (app-crypt/qca-1.0-r2 is not.)
>
>
>

OK, I stand corrected.

--
Best regards,
Daniel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:47 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org