Old 09-21-2008, 06:07 PM
Florian Philipp

Default OpenOffice quickstarter

Hi list!

Somehow I think I'm missing something:

As it seems, app-office/ooqstart-gnome and app-office/oooqs are going
away real soon and there is supposed to be a quicklauncher which is
emerged with app-office/openoffice.

So far, so good, but I'm unable to find it! There is
/usr/lib64/openoffice/share/xdg/qstart.desktop which includes the
command "ooffice -quickstart -nologo -nodefault"
but that doesn't work (starts a process which detaches from the console
but doesn't do anything useful). "man ooffice" says that the option
-quickstart is gone since 2.0.0

So, where is this quicklauncher?

Thanks in advance!

Florian Philipp

Old 09-21-2008, 06:23 PM
Justin

Florian Philipp schrieb:

Hi list!

Somehow I think I'm missing something:

As it seems, app-office/ooqstart-gnome and app-office/oooqs are going
away real soon and there is supposed to be a quicklauncher which is
emerged with app-office/openoffice.

So far, so good, but I'm unable to find it! There is
/usr/lib64/openoffice/share/xdg/qstart.desktop which includes the
command "ooffice -quickstart -nologo -nodefault"
but that doesn't work (starts a process which detaches from the
console but doesn't do anything useful). "man ooffice" says that the
option -quickstart is gone since 2.0.0

So, where is this quicklauncher?

Thanks in advance!

Florian Philipp

It is in the openoffice setting dialog. I cannot find it now but a week
ago I saw it there.