Old 09-19-2008, 06:13 AM
"Andrey Vul"

Default generating HFS+ isos

Unfortunately, genisoimage (current version)'s -hfs options generates
old-HFS instead of new-HFS directory table, leading to truncation. Is
there a way, (such as libdmg)
to create HFS+ (OS 9 / OS X) images without using Toast?
--
Andrey Vul

Old 09-19-2008, 10:01 AM

"Andrey Vul" <andrey.vul@gmail.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, genisoimage (current version)'s -hfs options generates
> old-HFS instead of new-HFS directory table, leading to truncation. Is
> there a way, (such as libdmg)
> to create HFS+ (OS 9 / OS X) images without using Toast?

Genisoimage is extremely outdated - it is more than 3 years old with no
updated/enhancements.

HFS support in mkisofs is deprecated, use Apple MAC UDF extensions instead.
The UDF extensions are implemented in mkisofs since more than a year.

Get a recent cdrtools from:

ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/

Note that hfs support in mkisofs will be dropped after the next "stable" release
which is expected to happen soon.

Jörg

js@cs.tu-berlin.de (uni)

Old 09-19-2008, 11:42 AM
Sebastian Günther

* Joerg Schilling (Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de) [19.09.08 12:02]:

> Get a recent cdrtools from:
>
> ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/

No need for that:

# emerge cdrtools

should be sufficient...

> Jörg

Jörg, we know you are on the crusade against cdrkit, but please remember
that cdrtools are in portage. It should be enough to tip the users into
using it.

Sebastian

--
" Religion ist das Opium des Volkes. " Karl Marx

SEB@STI@N GÜNTHER mailto:samson@guenther-roetgen.de

Old 09-19-2008, 04:40 PM

Sebastian Günther <samson@guenther-roetgen.de> wrote:

> Jörg, we know you are on the crusade against cdrkit, but please remember
> that cdrtools are in portage. It should be enough to tip the users into
> using it.

It seems that you missunderstand things. The people behind cdrkit are on a
crusade against free software.

The fact that many people by default use the Debian fork that is outdated,
buggy, violates GPL and Copyright makes it obvios that people still need the
bit more background information I added to my mail.

Jörg

js@cs.tu-berlin.de (uni)

Old 09-20-2008, 06:42 AM
Sebastian Günther

* Joerg Schilling (Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de) [19.09.08 18:42]:

> It seems that you missunderstand things. The people behind cdrkit are on a
> crusade against free software.
>

> The fact that many people by default use the Debian fork that is outdated,
> buggy, violates GPL and Copyright makes it obvios that people still need the
> bit more background information I added to my mail.

We are on the gentoo *user* list: Most people here can't change any
default. If you want to change that default: goto gentoo-dev and
complain there.

But still this is gentoo: so everyone has the choice to use whatever
software is in portage.

But I just said, that you should point the people to how they can use
portage to install your solution.

Sebastian "Why the heck I'm helping you? I won't use any of your
software" Günther

> Jörg

BTW: You still did not proove your accuses about the copyright
violations. And if you have proove, please submit it to
gpl-violations.org.

And do link or quote them on your infamous website.

Old 09-20-2008, 04:00 PM

Sebastian Günther <samson@guenther-roetgen.de> wrote:

> BTW: You still did not proove your accuses about the copyright
> violations. And if you have proove, please submit it to

It would help if you did not try to bend facts.

I recommend you to read my website for the related information.

Jörg

js@cs.tu-berlin.de (uni)

Old 09-20-2008, 04:07 PM
Dale

Sebastian Günther wrote:

BTW: You still did not proove your accuses about the copyright
violations. And if you have proove, please submit it to
gpl-violations.org.

And do link or quote them on your infamous website.

According to his previous post, he has already looked at your website.
I quoted it above in case it slipped by. ;-)

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 09-20-2008, 04:13 PM

Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com> wrote:

> According to his previous post, he has already looked at your website.

Well, then he would be knowingly spreading lies. Is this what you intend to
tell me?

Jörg

js@cs.tu-berlin.de (uni)

Old 09-20-2008, 04:24 PM
Dale

Joerg Schilling wrote:

Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com> wrote:

According to his previous post, he has already looked at your website.

Well, then he would be knowingly spreading lies. Is this what you intend to
tell me?

Jörg

Well, no. I just posted that he already looked at your website and
didn't see it. I guess you can make of it whatever you want tho. It
*seems* like you are putting words in my mouth anyway so . . . .

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 09-20-2008, 05:07 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Saturday 20 September 2008 18:24:04 Dale wrote:
> Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> According to his previous post, he has already looked at your website.
> >
> > Well, then he would be knowingly spreading lies. Is this what you intend
> > to tell me?
> >
> > Jörg
>
> Well, no. I just posted that he already looked at your website and
> didn't see it. I guess you can make of it whatever you want tho. It
> *seems* like you are putting words in my mouth anyway so . . . .

If there is a god up there, he is going to stop this thread dead in it's
tracks RIGHT NOW.

Dale, did you miss the last one?

Joerg, we went through this very very recently. It was not pleasant but you
were given ample platform to air your views, and you used that opportunity.
Most of us known how you feel, those who don't can search Google.

This is not your list, it is gentoo's use support list. It is appropriate to
discuss the usage of your very fine software here. Judging by the sheer
number of requests you received the last time to stop, it can probably be
safely assumed that discussion of the alleged crusade against free software
by a Debian faction, and your counter-crusade against them, probably does not
constitute a welcome discussion.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com