Old 09-17-2008, 09:59 PM
Martin Sourada

Default New object-rotate-right icon draft (last of object-* series)

On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 14:41 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Martin Sourada a écrit :
> >

> > I've fixed the remaining issues, see the attachment (I've also removed
> > unused defs in the SVG, so it's not that big now).
> >
> > Martin
> >
> Ok. There is no further comment. Shall I push it to git?
>
> Luya

You are free to do so. Don't forget to let the echo-add-icon script also
do the branch specific changes - it's not only adding symlinks, but also
adding the icon to the build scripts (for master branch). You haven't
done this for object-flip-* pushes (so I've done it instead ;-). You can
call the scrip multiple times - if you do not make any changes, it
generates (almost always) the exact same PNGs and always same SVGs, so
if you forget to make the branch changes, you can push it once again and
do them for the second time (or e.g. if you forget to add symlink, ...).

It also checks for whether the icon / symlink is already included in the
build scripts (speaking now about master branch), so it should not do
any duplicities either, so you don't have to worry calling it multiple
times on same icon ;-)

Martin

Old 09-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Martin Sourada

On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 15:46 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> So that was the bug from echo-artist package. Good to see the process is
> fixed.
The only bug I am aware of so far was exposed in this commit:
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=echo-icon-theme;a=commitdiff;h=c7faed7f8e939924ac9408d3827a3 10b8a03d2e8#patch7

That was fixed with echo-artist-0.1.1.

> Let's give a try.
>
> Luya

Good, just check whether you have the 48x48 icon grouped and labelled as
scalable (otherwise the scalable icon might end up being empty). I
recently realised I tend to forgot to do that step (and it's possible I
forgot to do it in the object-rotate-* icons), so I'll probably create
another script that would just check if the source SVG is OK and print
warnings/errors if there are problems... Or maybe I could check it in
the echo-add-icon before anything is done...

Martin

Old 09-18-2008, 08:54 AM
Martin Sourada

On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 16:16 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Martin Sourada a écrit :
> >
> > Good, just check whether you have the 48x48 icon grouped and labelled as
> > scalable (otherwise the scalable icon might end up being empty). I
> > recently realised I tend to forgot to do that step (and it's possible I
> > forgot to do it in the object-rotate-* icons), so I'll probably create
> > another script that would just check if the source SVG is OK and print
> > warnings/errors if there are problems... Or maybe I could check it in
> > the echo-add-icon before anything is done...
> >

> I just hit another bug. For some reasons, png icons on any size will
> appears either empty
> or out of space. Check out the git.
>
> Luya

Actually there were two objects with inkscape:layer set to plate, check
this output:

$ /usr/bin/inkscape -i 256x256
-e /home/martin/Projects/Echo/git/base/256x256/actions/object-rotate-left.png object-rotate-left.svg > /dev/null 2>&1

$ /usr/bin/inkscape -i 48x48
-e /home/martin/Projects/Echo/git/base/48x48/actions/object-rotate-left.png object-rotate-left.svg > /dev/null 2>&1

$ /usr/bin/inkscape -i 32x32
-e /home/martin/Projects/Echo/git/base/32x32/actions/object-rotate-left.png object-rotate-left.svg > /dev/null 2>&1

$ /usr/bin/inkscape -i 24x24
-e /home/martin/Projects/Echo/git/base/24x24/actions/object-rotate-left.png object-rotate-left.svg > /dev/null 2>&1

$ /usr/bin/inkscape -i 22x22
-e /home/martin/Projects/Echo/git/base/22x22/actions/object-rotate-left.png object-rotate-left.svg > /dev/null 2>&1

$ /usr/bin/inkscape -i 16x16
-e /home/martin/Projects/Echo/git/base/16x16/actions/object-rotate-left.png object-rotate-left.svg > /dev/null 2>&1

$ /usr/bin/inkscape -i rect5309
-e /home/martin/Projects/Echo/git/base/256x256/actions/object-rotate-left.png object-rotate-left.svg > /dev/null 2>&1

$ /usr/bin/inkscape -i rect5311
-e /home/martin/Projects/Echo/git/base/48x48/actions/object-rotate-left.png object-rotate-left.svg > /dev/null 2>&1

$ /usr/bin/inkscape -i rect5313
-e /home/martin/Projects/Echo/git/base/32x32/actions/object-rotate-left.png object-rotate-left.svg > /dev/null 2>&1

$ /usr/bin/inkscape -i rect5315
-e /home/martin/Projects/Echo/git/base/24x24/actions/object-rotate-left.png object-rotate-left.svg > /dev/null 2>&1

$ /usr/bin/inkscape -i rect5317
-e /home/martin/Projects/Echo/git/base/22x22/actions/object-rotate-left.png object-rotate-left.svg > /dev/null 2>&1

$ /usr/bin/inkscape -i rect5319
-e /home/martin/Projects/Echo/git/base/16x16/actions/object-rotate-left.png object-rotate-left.svg > /dev/null 2>&1

Seems like you imported another one-canvas SVG, but didn't removed the
hidden plate layer, which of course imported not as a layer but as an
object inside the layer you imported it to. You can delete it using Edit
-> XMLEditor...

I've fixed both the SVG and the commit.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:59 AM
Martin Sourada

On Thu, 2008-09-18 at 10:54 +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
> I've fixed both the SVG and the commit.

And I attach fixed SVG for the object-rotate-right.

Martin

Old 09-18-2008, 09:02 AM
Martin Sourada

On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 16:16 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Martin Sourada a écrit :
> >
> > Good, just check whether you have the 48x48 icon grouped and labelled as
> > scalable (otherwise the scalable icon might end up being empty). I
> > recently realised I tend to forgot to do that step (and it's possible I
> > forgot to do it in the object-rotate-* icons), so I'll probably create
> > another script that would just check if the source SVG is OK and print
> > warnings/errors if there are problems... Or maybe I could check it in
> > the echo-add-icon before anything is done...
> >

> I just hit another bug. For some reasons, png icons on any size will
> appears either empty
> or out of space. Check out the git.
>
> Luya

I could perhaps add a check for whether the same size isn't generated
twice. I think that's the best solution for this. But if I checked for
the correctness of the SVG at the before doing anything, this another
check might not be necessary...

Martin