Old 09-17-2008, 09:57 PM
James

Default alsamixergui with gentoo-sources-2.6.26

All,

I have a weird one here. I have been using alsamixergui for quite some
time without problems on kernel 2.6.24. The other day I upgraded to
2.6.26 and now every time I try to modify the volume level(s) on
alsamixergui for any one of the devices, the mixer just completely
hangs. The only way to get it back is to do a kill -9 <pid>.

This happens consistently. (Un)muting works fine on the mixer, but
changing volume levels always results in a complete hang.

alsamixer (the text version) works beautifully.

I've upgraded to the latest version of alsamixergui with no success.

Thoughts?
-j

Old 09-17-2008, 10:36 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

On Wednesday 17 September 2008, James wrote:
> All,
>
> I have a weird one here. I have been using alsamixergui for quite some
> time without problems on kernel 2.6.24. The other day I upgraded to
> 2.6.26 and now every time I try to modify the volume level(s) on
> alsamixergui for any one of the devices, the mixer just completely
> hangs. The only way to get it back is to do a kill -9 <pid>.
>
> This happens consistently. (Un)muting works fine on the mixer, but
> changing volume levels always results in a complete hang.
>
> alsamixer (the text version) works beautifully.
>
> I've upgraded to the latest version of alsamixergui with no success.
>
> Thoughts?
> -j

you are not alone.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:44 PM
James

Misery loves company, they say.

--
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and
quick to anger."

Old 09-17-2008, 11:11 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

On Thursday 18 September 2008, James wrote:
> Misery loves company, they say.

the funny thing: every mixer I try works. Except alsamixergui.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:17 PM
James

It's very possible it's just a bug with alsamixergui...I may file a
Gentoo bug so that it can be pushed upstream.

-j

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 7:11 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann