Old 09-16-2008, 09:25 PM
pat

Default virtualbox networking

Hello,

I'm trying to setup virtualbox networking. I went through the tutorial at gentoo
wiki, but I have troubles ... obvious :-(

In the howto there's called /sbin/ip, but I have no idea in which package this
program rise ;-)

What I need is the bidirectional communication between host and guest.

Thanks for help

Pat

Old 09-16-2008, 10:06 PM
Marc Joliet

Am Tue, 16 Sep 2008 23:25:02 +0200
schrieb pat <pat@xvalheru.org>:

> Hello,

Hi,

> I'm trying to setup virtualbox networking. I went through the
> tutorial at gentoo wiki, but I have troubles ... obvious :-(
>
> In the howto there's called /sbin/ip, but I have no idea in which
> package this program rise ;-)

you're looking for sys-apps/iproute2.

> What I need is the bidirectional communication between host and guest.

Sorry, but I can't help you there, though I'm going to sit down and set
that up myself when I have time (this year, I hope ).

> Thanks for help
>
> Pat

HTH
--