Old 09-16-2008, 06:45 PM
Michael Sullivan

Default Please be respectful on list

On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 10:26 -0700, Alec Warner wrote:
> [Resending to list because I sent with the wrong address the first time]
>
> A brief warning to all. Userrel does monitor this list and it does
> react to complaints from users.
>
> This list exists for the community; to let users help each other and
> to voice questions and concerns.
>
> This list does not exist for you to flame each other, to badmouth
> other projects, or to make rude comments.
>
> Treat others kindly and you will often find yourself treated kindly in
> return. Treat others with malice and you may find your
> gentoo-user privileges (among other privileges) revoked by Gentoo Staff.
>
> A friendly reminder from your User Relations Team, please treat others kindly.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Alec Warner
> Gentoo User Relations.

If this was targetted at me, I apologize. I've been under a lot of
stress lately. Stressed and constantly facing frustration. Today at a
convenience store the clerk asked me to buy a heart for Children's
Medical Hospital to fund it's cancer operations and I was two seconds
away from giving a speech on how wrong cancer genocide and how buying
that heart would make me an accessory to murder in any non-racist court,
but I walked out of the store just in time...

Old 09-16-2008, 09:11 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Tuesday 16 September 2008 23:18:50 b.n. wrote:
> > Treat others kindly and you will often find yourself treated kindly in
> > return. *Treat others with malice and you may find your
> > gentoo-user privileges (among other privileges) revoked by Gentoo Staff.
>
> I don't know if I've been called into question (maybe the title of my
> last thread was a bit, er, too much ironic?) but what is a "gentoo-user
> privilege"?

It's the validity of your list subscription and the ability to post to the
list.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com