Old 09-16-2008, 01:34 PM
Peter Wood

Default emerge wants to downgrade packages

Old 09-16-2008, 01:41 PM
Pupino

Hi,
generally there's nothing wrong in downgrading packages and means that the version you're using has been masked for some reason.
You should check if the version you currently have is masked for your architecture. If yes emerge is ok and that's a normal behaviour.

You can check that here: http://www.gentoo-portage.com

HTH
Davide