Old 09-16-2008, 01:30 PM
Tomáš Krasničan

Default xen gentoo as dom0 freeBSD as domU

Hi list,

is it possible (if is how) to make freeBSD as xen domU on gentoo dom0?

thanx
krasko

Old 09-16-2008, 07:30 PM
Norberto Bensa

Quoting Tomáš Krasničan <krasko@krasko.sk>:

Hi list,

Hi!

is it possible (if is how) to make freeBSD as xen domU on gentoo dom0?

Yes, but AFAIK, it will only run in full virtualization mode; just
like windows.

Maybe (and only _maybe_) there's a way to run it in
paravirtualization, but I don't know how.

Regards,
Norberto

Old 09-16-2008, 07:38 PM
Sascha Hlusiak

Am Tuesday 16 September 2008 21:30:55 schrieb Norberto Bensa:
> Quoting Tomáš Krasničan <krasko@krasko.sk>:
> > Hi list,
>
> Hi!
>
> > is it possible (if is how) to make freeBSD as xen domU on gentoo dom0?
>
> Yes, but AFAIK, it will only run in full virtualization mode; just
> like windows.
No, there are extra domU kernels from FreeBSD, so no full virtualization
support is needed. Just like with Linux as domU. There are plenty of
howtos/docs available, just google for freebsd domu.

- Sascha